Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for all who are taking the time to help keep our forest roads open!
Clean up Saturday. Camping Saturday night. Wheeling Sunday
Plan on meeting at the Mill Creek Ranger Station on Highway 38 and Bryant St in Mentone (Click here for map).

We will meet at 8:30 to sign in and hold a safety meeting. We should be ready to head up Hwy 38 at around 9 to get on the trail around 9:30- 10

The main focus on the clean-up will be clearing the brush on 1N64A. This is the trail that leads down to Bear Creek. (Map).

Please bring loppers, bow saws, shovels, etc. if you have them, and of course, proper work clothing: boots, long pants, gloves, hats, eye protection, etc.
Be sure to bring food and water. I will have a 5 gallon water jug.

For those wanting to camp, there are campgrounds up Hwy 38 a few miles. Barton Flats and San Gorgonio (Camping info)

There is a Yellow Post site (primitive camping) (here) on the trail if you want to camp there.

When we are done, we can take Clark's grade (the original back road) into Big Bear Click Here
So far we have the following.

1. tony r
2. jasoncarpenter1
3. BB33's
4. JERAD121
5. bro_j
6. toykeeper
7. EastLA78Bronco (maybe)
8. Spectre (maybe)
9. Worldclasssniper
10. TCMGLX (maybe)
11. Daves 88'
I will update this post as we get closer to the date.

A stock Bronco will make it without any issues.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
perfect tony...... can't wait.......:beer

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
well dont want to say im 100% in but im definantly doing my best to make it..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Any work going on Sunday? Wish I could join you guys Saturday.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I'm going to do everything I can to be there.. If anything I'll meet you guys at that diner/country store right before the turn off to get to the trail and ride in with someone.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Man, that is pretty close to my place... and I need (ITCHING) to take the Bronco out... I may have to come out with you guys...

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, that is pretty close to my place... and I need (ITCHING) to take the Bronco out... I may have to come out with you guys...
Come on out. Need to talk to you about HID's for my KC's

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Any work going on Sunday? Wish I could join you guys Saturday.
gil we might be hung over but will be down to go wheeling with you......:rockon
Just wanted to post up my support to you guys helping a trail stay open!
thanks bro........would be cool if you could make it......:beer

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know we are looking at May 1st. Would May 2nd work instead? Greg from the USFS would like to join us.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
so go up on the 1st. campover night then wake up hungover and clean the trail..............fawk ya i'm in..............:beer

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know we are looking at May 1st. Would May 2nd work instead? Greg from the USFS would like to join us.
My chances in going would be better on the 2nd. I think even if I went later just to bring the BBQ and grill would be fun. Tony, how is the terrain? Would a stock tacoma make it there in case I leave the Bronco behind.

·
Registered
380 Posts
gil we might be hung over but will be down to go wheeling with you......:rockon
Trying to save the rigs for Pismo, but trying to go out there for the ride and BBQ. I talk to you guys at the Fab. Ford show this Sunday and get more details.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
:stupid
as long as there's wheelin involved on Sat.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts