Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been slowly pulling all my carpet and installed some fatmat sound dampening. I took out all of my seats last night, and noticed some pretty serious rust under my driver side seat

How would I go about getting that area patched? I will need to hire it out, since I can't weld.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Thanks in advance

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
That replacement pan is fore of the kickup where the seats mount.
You can compare with an OEM floor pan

That crack and the rust is/was a common problem with the late 80s floor. I had a sheetmetal guy scab in a piece of formed diamond plate before I replaced the entire floor pan. If you look through the restoration pics you can see it. Same place as yours.

Ford offered a reinforcement kit for the seat mounting area. They are still available. I bought the kit and and used the driver's side to get by.

Ford part # F0TZ1811272A. It actually pop rivets in.

It's hard to tell where and how bad your rust is, but you could get the kit and have a sheetmetal place or bodyshop form a panel if you don't like the current repair. I've not seen where any supplier offers the under seat repair panel.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Best way would be to cut the section out of anouther bronco or f series that is in good shape. Then send that over to your welder/ body shop for them to make the repair. It being the area where you seat bolts down to i wouldn't want to be liable for it being scabbed in with anything else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is old but where there any repairs made? I am finding rust and holes in the floor of my 86 in the same spot. Hoping i can find away to repair it soon.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,320 Posts
I know this is old but where there any repairs made? I am finding rust and holes in the floor of my 86 in the same spot. Hoping i can find away to repair it soon.
The person that started this thread was last logged in here over two years ago. Your best bet in this case is to start your own thread with all the details so the regulars have enough to work with when helping you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts