Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FSM Lifetime
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know this is the full-size bronco forum, but I figure there's probably some bronco2 fans around here somewhere. I've been looking for one for awhile now and I'd love to snatch one up for so cheap!

Guy wants $400 It's also Eddie Baur
Selling my 89 ford bronco 2. body is in great shape very little rust on the bottom. interior is in good shape also. I had just put a new refurbished motor in last summer. It runs great. good tread left on the tires. and everything works inside, power everything. transmission is a 5 speed. and has manual locking hubs. I have a clean title but the tags are expired. Parked it because the rear drive shaft broke so i put it in 4wheel drive to get home and the front spline piece on the passenger side broke right at the u-joint. I do have another rear drive shaft for it that has u-joints instead of the cup joint type but i dont have the plate that bolts onto the u-joint to the transmission. Landlord wants it out of my driveway.
Now the rear driveshaft is easy enough, would it be drivable once I replace that? I think the spline is part of the 4wd... so maybe I wouldn't have to worry about that right away. I'm still a pretty big noob, so if someone could explain to me how bad that front spline buisness is and how hard/much it would be to fix it I'd really appreciate it :beer

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
If it has manual hubs you should be OK to drive it once you put in a drive shaft. If auto hubs it's possible they are locked in on the side that is broken and it would be hard to unlock with a broken shaft..In which case I would want to drive it much with a broken shaft and locked hubs.

I've never broken an axle shaft. It sounds like that is the problem up front. The front axle shaft is broken.

If the price is right I would go for it. I REALLY like those B2's. I'd have one of those instead of a fullsize if I had two kids instead of three.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts