Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

181 - 182 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
I did purchase the HF welding cart, I showed before and I've shopped there for decades but after this KungFlu bullsh!t, I'm done buying CCP garbage if I can avoid it and that's most of what HF sells.
Unless you go ultra high end most things are made in china these days. And the assembled in USA moniker usually means most of it was made in china and a few parts were put together in the states just to get that moniker. Also it's usually in a container on the ocean for a few weeks if not more during the journey, not to mention time in transit from the unloading port across the country to retail stores. way longer than the virus can survive on a surface.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
LMFAO! Oh man. You do crack me up @pfun41 . I'm not concerned about getting the virus... from a neighbor or any product I buy from China. I'm just done supporting a nation that lies, cheats and steals and sells us disposable garbage. I may be broke as a joke but I'll buy a little less and spend my limited income a little more carefully, rather than support a nation reselling garbage and taking American jobs to do it.
While I'm painfully aware that it's nearly impossible to avoid everything made in China these days, without unnecessary suffering, I am making an active effort going forward to avoid their manufactured products as best I can.

Trust me bud... I ride an old Harley. I know all too well the Made in China, assembled in USA BS. I recently purchased a specialty item, a retaining bolt for the seat on my 20 yr. old softail. I checked eBay and saw a bunch of mis-represented products, showing American flags or "USA" boldly with the product image. Many even go through the effort to show an American address you'll be receiving the item from. Dig just a few clicks more and you'll find 95% of those lead straight back to China. They are straight up lying about it and will keep doing so, as long as folks keep buying.

A few years back, I got in an unfavorable exchange with a kid I bought an aftermarket replacement oil tank from on eBay. I got the part to work but it was very poor fit and very low quality (If I'd have had my welder back then, I'd have ground off the chrome, welded the tank myself, re-painted and re-used it. It was probably made in China too... but was a superior product as direct manufacture for OEM purchase specs would require). I left a less than favorable review to warn off future buyers. The seller threw a fit and went so far as to claim that he didn't deserve the poor rating because he didn't manufacture the product, he merely shipped it (drop ship, from China) and he held up his side of the deal "honorably". I replied that I didn't care if he made it or not, he was re-selling a piss-poor product and if he didn't want bad reviews, he should find a better supplier. In the end... eBay removed my review and let the punk continue ripping people off, selling his drop-shipped China garbage. I rarely shop eBay these days but when I do, I go with my old Harbor Freight buying credo... the less moving parts, the better.

181 - 182 of 182 Posts