Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I don't know where to post this so I will put it here and mods can move if needed.
I have a chance to buy a semi complete 79 for parts. The top is mint mine is sorta beat, I need the roof panel which is mint thought maybe I could take it down the door pillar some and weld whole section on because where the top meets is messed up on mine, all the running gear is in it 44 C6 205 9" with shafts seats are good and lots of other misc small interior items I need. I would like to do half doors and both are rusted but workable.
No windshield ( I need that), no motor well bottom is there 429 no heads on up and blown, good spare rims and tires stock size, grill is smashed etc. etc. around outside.
Good and bad just looking for kick in the ass to get it pretty much plan on doing it sat. but on the fence.$400 takes it I kinda think it is a hell of a deal for around here you just don't find them. To buy alot of the small stuff thru like LMC would add up past 400 real quick.Sorry to babble so long...
Thanks Chris

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
$400 for a parts truck isn't bad at all... go with 8 $50 bills and start with 4 of them and work your way up.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Heh, double post, never had that happen lol

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
Well, the thing probably weighs in at at say 4k with all the stuff that is missing, maybe more?

4k scrap @ 7.00 a hundred is 280 in just scrap, so after you use all the pieces you need, and throw in the junk off yours, you'll probably be to the good from the sounds of it to me...

Also, you could attempt to part it out, people always looking for 9s...part interior pieces that you don't need, little hard to find parts that are repoped anymore ;)

KC

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought my 79 for $700 in running condition. :rockon But I still think $400 is a pretty decent price for a parts vehicle, especially if it has all the stuff you're wanting to use to fix up your rig. I've also found that pick-n-pull type junkyards have a lot of good stuff for cheap. So it all depends on what you're looking for. I'd spend $400 on a donor truck if it had the stuff I was looking for, but like the others have said make a lower offer first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All of the above is what I have been thinking as well strip what I want and anything else that is good and sell the rest for scrap as it is paying well around here too.
What do the caps for these things go for generally?
Thanks for the kick in the ass guys.
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess they'll go for whatever somebody is willing to pay. At the junkyard they would probably go for anywhere between $80 and $225 depending on how they classify it. I would guess that $200 would be a fair starting asking price, maybe even more. But I'm not really too sure.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
damn ive never seen 78-79 bronc in junkyards around here. only thing close ive found is rusted out p.o.s. 73-79 2wd trucks

·
Registered
45 Posts
damn ive never seen 78-79 bronc in junkyards around here. only thing close ive found is rusted out p.o.s. 73-79 2wd trucks
The junkyard I just started going to in Vegas has one 78 bronco that's been pretty much picked through as far as engine and such but amazingly the 205 t-case is still there, and most of the dash components. It even still has the top thats actually in really good shape. There are a ton of 73-79 pickups here as well but most that I've seen are 4wd. The one good thing about the desert is that there's not much rust.

·
Registered
297 Posts
4 bills is not bad i payed 3 bills for my parts/mud truck its a little rusty but well worth it then i ended up picking up a basket case 400 for another 3 bills now i have a good running mud/trail truck that i was able to get some parts from for the one im restoring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts