Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm pretty new here, got a question....

can I get an after market console that will work for my rig...ah, thats doesn't look like *$#@.....?????

where do I look, what are my options.....?

or do I have to make a custome one , like some I have seen on this site...?

I am putting alot of work into my rig, new sterio, new floor liner, sound deadener/ dynamax from front to rear and the doors...recently put new/used seats in and

I have that orig. equip. center console,.....which I don't fully appreciate....I'm sure you understand.....:banghead

·
Registered
4,997 Posts

I made mine, lots of guys have, Marauder used Diamond Plat, Trucky got electronics out the wazoo, and some buy used foam like from a surfboard...looked really trick......

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I like the Tuffy ones. They are strong as hell and will prevent all but the most determined thieves from getting in!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I really really like that Ghostrider. That is awesome!:rockon

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
GhostRider could you post some specs and how you made yours?
dave

·
Registered
634 Posts
351cleveland said:
OK, I'm pretty new here, got a question....

can I get an after market console that will work for my rig...ah, thats doesn't look like *$#@.....?????

where do I look, what are my options.....?

or do I have to make a custome one , like some I have seen on this site...?

I am putting alot of work into my rig, new sterio, new floor liner, sound deadener/ dynamax from front to rear and the doors...recently put new/used seats in and

I have that orig. equip. center console,.....which I don't fully appreciate....I'm sure you understand.....:banghead
The Tuffy ones are sweet. You can get them a few bucks cheaper on eBay, or Jeff's Bronco Graveyard carries them, too.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
broncoorboat said:
GhostRider could you post some specs and how you made yours?
I got the tremplate from Trucky, as to how it molds to the bottom etc, I dida little changing to suit my needs, the cup holders I got from West Marine, and the tray, has a false bottom, for my little Colt....I used a marine switch panel, with a lighted toggle for various lights...I covered the whole thing with carpet to camoflauge my obvious lack of carpentry skills....covered the whole thing with a generous spray of weatherizer from a hunting supply place....

The main box is separate from the tray and front, so that when installed, alls I had to do was connect....that way I can move or change as the muse strikes me....

The cigarette lighter is a marine chart light, which doubles as a light.....neat thing, when darkness prevails

I learned a few things about attaching, mostly, use L brackets and put the screws into ther L's to secure to the floor....I used a wood bottom and had a whole world of chit trying to get the thing aligned.....Next time I will fix

all in all, I am fairly well pleased

Thanx for the compliments.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
GHOSTRIDER,
Your console is simply bitchin'! Wished I had the patience to undertake such a project. I'll probably just end up paying someone to build me one.:notworthy

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
ghost, could you put a few more pics of it up?
dave

·
Registered
154 Posts
:stupid

Yes, please!!

:beer

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
ghost, could you put a few more pics of it up?
dave

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ghost, how long did that take to put together....I think I can save a few dollars doing it myself, but I don't know whether I have the patients,,....

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I looked at those tuffy consoles, they are nice, but, I'm trying to do soo much to my rig right now...new floor liner, sterio, seats...etc.... I'm trying to keep my budget down as much as possible.....

·
Forward Some Money
5,073 Posts
GHOSTRIDER said:
I got the tremplate from Trucky, as to how it molds to the bottom etc, I dida little changing to suit my needs, the cup holders I got from West Marine, and the tray, has a false bottom, for my little Colt....I used a marine switch panel, with a lighted toggle for various lights...I covered the whole thing with carpet to camoflauge my obvious lack of carpentry skills....covered the whole thing with a generous spray of weatherizer from a hunting supply place....

The main box is separate from the tray and front, so that when installed, alls I had to do was connect....that way I can move or change as the muse strikes me....

The cigarette lighter is a marine chart light, which doubles as a light.....neat thing, when darkness prevails

I learned a few things about attaching, mostly, use L brackets and put the screws into ther L's to secure to the floor....I used a wood bottom and had a whole world of chit trying to get the thing aligned.....Next time I will fix

all in all, I am fairly well pleased

Thanx for the compliments.....

Ghost.......I assume you have the push button transfer case. If not, how did you handle the shifter?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts