Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm pretty new here, got a question....

can I get an after market console that will work for my rig...ah, thats doesn't look like *$#@.....?????

where do I look, what are my options.....?

or do I have to make a custome one , like some I have seen on this site...?

I am putting alot of work into my rig, new sterio, new floor liner, sound deadener/ dynamax from front to rear and the doors...recently put new/used seats in and

I have that orig. equip. center console,.....which I don't fully appreciate....I'm sure you understand.....:banghead

·
Registered
5,388 Posts

I made mine, lots of guys have, Marauder used Diamond Plat, Trucky got electronics out the wazoo, and some buy used foam like from a surfboard...looked really trick......

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I like the Tuffy ones. They are strong as hell and will prevent all but the most determined thieves from getting in!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
7,309 Posts
GhostRider could you post some specs and how you made yours?
dave

·
Registered
637 Posts
351cleveland said:
OK, I'm pretty new here, got a question....

can I get an after market console that will work for my rig...ah, thats doesn't look like *$#@.....?????

where do I look, what are my options.....?

or do I have to make a custome one , like some I have seen on this site...?

I am putting alot of work into my rig, new sterio, new floor liner, sound deadener/ dynamax from front to rear and the doors...recently put new/used seats in and

I have that orig. equip. center console,.....which I don't fully appreciate....I'm sure you understand.....:banghead
The Tuffy ones are sweet. You can get them a few bucks cheaper on eBay, or Jeff's Bronco Graveyard carries them, too.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
broncoorboat said:
GhostRider could you post some specs and how you made yours?
I got the tremplate from Trucky, as to how it molds to the bottom etc, I dida little changing to suit my needs, the cup holders I got from West Marine, and the tray, has a false bottom, for my little Colt....I used a marine switch panel, with a lighted toggle for various lights...I covered the whole thing with carpet to camoflauge my obvious lack of carpentry skills....covered the whole thing with a generous spray of weatherizer from a hunting supply place....

The main box is separate from the tray and front, so that when installed, alls I had to do was connect....that way I can move or change as the muse strikes me....

The cigarette lighter is a marine chart light, which doubles as a light.....neat thing, when darkness prevails

I learned a few things about attaching, mostly, use L brackets and put the screws into ther L's to secure to the floor....I used a wood bottom and had a whole world of chit trying to get the thing aligned.....Next time I will fix

all in all, I am fairly well pleased

Thanx for the compliments.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
GHOSTRIDER,
Your console is simply bitchin'! Wished I had the patience to undertake such a project. I'll probably just end up paying someone to build me one.:notworthy

·
Designated Tranny Killer
7,309 Posts
ghost, could you put a few more pics of it up?
dave

·
Registered
191 Posts
:stupid

Yes, please!!

:beer

·
Designated Tranny Killer
7,309 Posts
ghost, could you put a few more pics of it up?
dave

·
Forward Some Money
5,241 Posts
GHOSTRIDER said:
I got the tremplate from Trucky, as to how it molds to the bottom etc, I dida little changing to suit my needs, the cup holders I got from West Marine, and the tray, has a false bottom, for my little Colt....I used a marine switch panel, with a lighted toggle for various lights...I covered the whole thing with carpet to camoflauge my obvious lack of carpentry skills....covered the whole thing with a generous spray of weatherizer from a hunting supply place....

The main box is separate from the tray and front, so that when installed, alls I had to do was connect....that way I can move or change as the muse strikes me....

The cigarette lighter is a marine chart light, which doubles as a light.....neat thing, when darkness prevails

I learned a few things about attaching, mostly, use L brackets and put the screws into ther L's to secure to the floor....I used a wood bottom and had a whole world of chit trying to get the thing aligned.....Next time I will fix

all in all, I am fairly well pleased

Thanx for the compliments.....

Ghost.......I assume you have the push button transfer case. If not, how did you handle the shifter?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.