Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share that myself along with the ten other sophomore AFROTC cadets at Detachment 750 at St. Joes University all got this summer’s Field Training allocation slots. Kind of a big deal as we all get the chance to prove ourselves worthy of staying in the program by being allowed to attempt and hopefully pass the 29day Field Training barrel of fun! It has been a tough year so far as requirements have been going up and no leeway is given for mistakes with the current force shaping of the Air Force. I’m so pumped to be given the chance to go!

Not sure which camp I am going to yet, but it will be either Tyndall, Maxwell, or Ellsworth AFB.

It is one happy day here for all of us!

Adrianspeeder, AKA: Cadet Vargo

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Good luck to ya buddy. I'll be goin through that in a few years myself. This summer I get 9 weeks of basic training for the army rotc/smp program. Anyone ever train at Ft. Sill? I believe thats where Ill end up.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
stangmata50l said:
Tell me who is smarter :goodfinge

AF BMT is different than FT. AF BMT is more along the lines of Army BMT.
It's not my fault the airforce recruiters pissed me off :goodfinge lol :rofl:

·
Registered
548 Posts
stangmata50l said:
AF BMT is more along the lines of Army BMT.
No its not. We get rubber rifles and flash lights to shoot when we are at warrior week. AF BMT was pretty gay. Folding your underwear to make it fit in the drawer perfect. LOL. Our tents at warrior week even had AC.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
slim said:
No its not. We get rubber rifles and flash lights to shoot when we are at warrior week. AF BMT was pretty gay. Folding your underwear to make it fit in the drawer perfect. LOL. Our tents at warrior week even had AC.
Better than Navy..i heard from a friend that his navy buddy didn't even shoot a rifle at basic, they just fired a simlulator, something like the EST2000 if you've ever shot at one of those.

Armywise, at least for me, we've never carried rubber duckies unless we needed to do rifle PT or something. Always an A1 (lol) or A2. Our tents at my weeklong field training here at AIT had a small portable AC/Heater...but went in beginning of february in Virginia. Never used AC, and the temp was sooo friggin cold that the heater couldn't keep up whatsoever, AC or heat, you couldn't tell the difference :duh Froze my cahoonas off that week....least I never had to worry about waking up with morning wood :histerica

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
slim said:

Are you telling me that you did not learn anything from folding your t shirts and underwear like that? well probably not AF basic is so damn pussified it is ridiculous. I went to shadow the TIs there and i couldnt believe how much shit yall get away with now. that is why the airman coming out of basic lack discipline and respect, and wonder why they get kicked out withing there first 6 months in.

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
JoeBob1901 said:
Airforce field training:AC dorms

Army field training:tents

Hmmm lol :rockon

USAF barracks. 1958 style...

Cameron, Goforth
King, Cruzan, Wysocki, Harden

Barracks #8108
USAF A/C 1958 style...

Andrews, Whitehead, Balthaser

:beer........but it was still fun........:drinkbud​

·
Registered
548 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
Are you telling me that you did not learn anything from folding your t shirts and underwear like that? well probably not AF basic is so damn pussified it is ridiculous. I went to shadow the TIs there and i couldnt believe how much shit yall get away with now. that is why the airman coming out of basic lack discipline and respect, and wonder why they get kicked out withing there first 6 months in.
Yes it is a fukn joke. It was kind of hard for me to take my TI seriously. I went in at 23 and he was like 26. I the back of my head all I could think was you would get your ass beat if we wernt here. The things they say to sound like a badass. LOL. I cant remember any of them. I just remember how ridiculous they were. Like I cant believe you just said that. I think to be a TI you should be like 40 and the act just like the guy on Full Metal Jacket. I mean hit kids and everything. Make them scared of the TI.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
slim said:
Yes it is a fukn joke. It was kind of hard for me to take my TI seriously. I went in at 23 and he was like 26. I the back of my head all I could think was you would get your ass beat if we wernt here. The things they say to sound like a badass. LOL. I cant remember any of them. I just remember how ridiculous they were. Like I cant believe you just said that. I think to be a TI you should be like 40 and the act just like the guy on Full Metal Jacket. I mean hit kids and everything. Make them scared of the TI.

right there is the reason i wanted to become a TI but i cant due to knee problems. my TI was 6'6 280 pounds and we used to call him exclipse the fvcker was huge. used to scare the shit out of us all the way up to graduation. I know what you are saying about some of the napolean complex TIs. but rest assured if i was there it would be amazing at how your image of a TI would change. i think the should be a height and size limit to being a TI liek no one uner 6'2 and 240...lol

·
Registered
548 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
right there is the reason i wanted to become a TI but i cant due to knee problems. my TI was 6'6 280 pounds and we used to call him exclipse the fvcker was huge. used to scare the shit out of us all the way up to graduation. I know what you are saying about some of the napolean complex TIs. but rest assured if i was there it would be amazing at how your image of a TI would change. i think the should be a height and size limit to being a TI liek no one uner 6'2 and 240...lol
I think if the TI could hit a kid. It would be different. I mean beat he shit out one of them if they screw up. That would make everybody else scared. Then you would get more respect out of them. Bring back hitting not just in basic but in the AF also. Like when a A1C smarts off to a SSgt. Let the SSgt take them behind the hanger. Today nobody cares because they know all they will get is paperwork. The people who are getting 15s and LOCs dont give a shit if they get kicked out. I mean it is just like slapping them on the wrist. But now they mess up and they get the shit kicked out of them then they will reevaluate their situation.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
slim said:
I think if the TI could hit a kid. It would be different. I mean beat he shit out one of them if they screw up. That would make everybody else scared. Then you would get more respect out of them. Bring back hitting not just in basic but in the AF also. Like when a A1C smarts off to a SSgt. Let the SSgt take them behind the hanger. Today nobody cares because they know all they will get is paperwork. The people who are getting 15s and LOCs dont give a shit if they get kicked out. I mean it is just like slapping them on the wrist. But now they mess up and they get the shit kicked out of them then they will reevaluate their situation.

no i dont not think so that would be assault. Alot of the problem is that kids are not raised with the morals like respect, dignity, honor for there name and shit like that. plain and simple. some parents fail there children and it shows

·
Registered
548 Posts
I know it would be assualt, but once you sign the dotted line you are government property. The government can do what they want with you.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
slim said:
I know it would be assualt, but once you sign the dotted line you are government property. The government can do what they want with you.

no they cant that is a civil rights violation. the government does not own you, you are not government property.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I dunno I am half drunk right now. I dont know what I'm arguing about right now. I will come back to this one.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
adrian who did you steal that from. you look like beetle bailey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts