Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of replacing my factory distributor with an after market one and wanted to get some opinions. I know MSD, DIY and Mallory all make after markets for the 351M, looking for any input that would narrow it down to which one I will buy. Will be going in a 351M, bored .030 over with a Edlebrock intake and cam in it. I currently set my time about 2-4 degrees about factory specs as per install instructions for my cam.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Sorry not much help but if you had a newer one I could either get all the parts for you to rebuild yours or maybe even get you a new one. Have you thought about rebuilding your stock one. If so I might be able to get some of the parts for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old one works fine, I replaced it when I rebuilt the engine. I was looking for something to give me a hotter spark to help out with the gas mileage and a cleaner burn. I've heard that by upgrading the distributor will help out in this department.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
You need a hotter coil if you want more spark but I can see your point wanting the best dizzy possible to make sure as much of the spark as possible gets to the plugs. Why don't you get a bigger coil first and see if you even need a different dizzy?

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I added an MSD 8227 and 9mm wires, gave me all I needed without needing to up grade dizzy....cheaper too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts