Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1984 - 5.8L Windsor - 351 - 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need help picking some after market side steps. I am looking for the simple one foot step in style. I just want to get the right ones so I don’t need to weld them on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1984 - 5.8L Windsor - 351 - 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, staying away from power. Just looking for a simple less expensive step.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: CO_89

·
Registered
482 Posts
Where did you get the invisible steps? They look great on the truck!

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,259 Posts
I have Carr's on mine. Partsgeek.com has them pretty reasonable

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,259 Posts
I went with the Bully Brand side-steps because I really wanted the door sill support strap inside vs. others I'd seen with just the mounting bolts coming through the body. The supporting interior bracket will provide better support over times wear and tear and in the case of breaking the aluminum step off, should reduce door sill damage.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,259 Posts
I went with the Bully Brand side-steps because I really wanted the door sill support strap inside vs. others I'd seen with just the mounting bolts coming through the body. The supporting interior bracket will provide better support over times wear and tear and in the case of breaking the aluminum step off, should reduce door sill damage.

That's a good option... Should be pretty easy to add to any stirrup step, shouldn't it?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,259 Posts
I imagine it would be. Only difference would be a smooth, potentially slippery bar/strap instead of the one I have with some textured grip to it. That's easily addressed though, with sticky sandpaper, textured coatings, etc., etc. but probably not an issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought my Carr steps from 4wheelonline a few years ago. They are sturdy enough although I don't put all of my weight on them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.