Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some taillights for my truck (red) but i think i ordered the wrong ones. My truck is an 88 but the taillights are for 89-96. Will these still fit on my truck or am i screwed?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
they'll fit... acually look good on some trucks.... might not useall the screws that come with em though
They fit and they look good

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The tailights are the same for 87-91, which is the second gen body style for the fsb. The pre 87's have the square looking pattern, the 87-91 have the clear part for the back-up lamps wrapping all the way around the taillight housing, the 92-96 have just a little square clear area for the backup lamps only on the rear facing of the housing. I just installed new ones last night on my 89, but I ordered the 92-96 style. bolted right up and they look way better than my olf faded one.

Hey mine only added 5hp:banghead Guess I got the wrong ones!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Are those the carbon fiber ones, those look nice. But one question, where are your other tires?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
BamaBronc96 said:
here are mine... i love em!

i got the same ones and i love em!

By the way, these are the black background and so are bamabronc"s, not the carbon fiber. Bronco Rob has the carbon version tho.I recommend the black background as it matches with the truck if you have a darker color. Got em off Ebay for 50 bucks and the same ones are always up for relisting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
^^^ exactly! mine are the black backgrounds...i love em!

oh and at the time the Boggers were sittin in the shop (didnt feel like driving across 2 states with them on there haha!)

they are on there now!

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clear?

BamaBronc96 said:
here are mine... i love em!

they ran out of all red, but they are offering me clear ones like bamabronc96. (clear and red, not the black ones) should i get these instead?

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
forgot to say, my truck is red. im thinking about going clear taillights, clear turn singnals, and a chrome grill guard. what do yall think?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I think it would look pretty cool, post some pics if you get er done! I was considering the clear with the black ones, but I was a bit leary of spending the 70 dollars for those. So I just bought the stock reproductions, installed em friday night. They sure look better than my old faded ones.

But after seeing these pics, I think maybe I shoulda ordered some of those:shrug Although I only paid 30 for the new ones I bought and that included shipping. I havent seen the clear turn signal in a while for the 87-91 body style. They used to be on ebay all the time.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
tucker1251 said:
forgot to say, my truck is red. im thinking about going clear taillights, clear turn singnals, and a chrome grill guard. what do yall think?
thats what i have done to my truck and it looks real good. I should get pics of my front end up, and i alreadry got a pic up of the taillights. U would be very happy with the setup.

Mogley said:
I havent seen the clear turn signal in a while for the 87-91 body style. They used to be on ebay all the time.
Here some are, http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=FD87BR-3898CLX

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
welp got em today. they look pretty sweet. They are all clear and chrome with red lenses, again you guys were right these fit right on with no modification. you guys rock.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bonzai said:
i got the same ones and i love em!

By the way, these are the black background and so are bamabronc"s, not the carbon fiber. Bronco Rob has the carbon version tho.I recommend the black background as it matches with the truck if you have a darker color. Got em off Ebay for 50 bucks and the same ones are always up for relisting.

mine are identical but mine are chrome instead of black. sweet lights

1 - 20 of 29 Posts