Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to build a truggy out of the 78 Bronco
so I took the 2 projects I had going and combined them into one, this was the better way to go all along, it just took me a long time to come to grips with ditching the Bronco's body,
so anyways I took my 78 that I have been slowly working on for a few years now and did this to it :doh0715:

then I tore down the tube bodied faux jeep a buddy of mine gave me that I was setting up for strictly mud bog racing

and I came up with this so far

the wheel base was only like 90" so I wanted the 104" that the Bronco offered
its coming along quickly, I just need to mount the body on some rubber mounts

the d60 that was under the buggy is now under the bronco's frame:rockon
well I just thought I would come on and share what I have been up to, its been awhile since I have posted:toothless. later...Salt-Man

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no matter what I did I could never have made the bronks tub as light as what I got goin now, thats why this is titled " after much thought " it took me a long time to come to grips with tearing the bronco's tub off like that, its still the Bronco's frame so its based on the Bronco ;) :smilie_slap :thumbup

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES THEY DO !! yea I know... I got a bit of a mess goin here, I am in the process of gettin rid of a lot, thats one of the reasons I combined the 2 projects into one, if you think it looks bad now you should have seen it after the snow melted??? I had 3 trucks tucked out here and one the garage ?? but there was something good on all of them that I couldn't let go to waste, luckily the way my place is set up no one can see it unless they try to real hard, its all just temporary and will all be gone this summer, I'm ready to have my back yard back.. and clean

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You !! thats what I am thinking... plus I got a mildly built 351w in it, which is lighter then the 351m and I got the giggle gas that I figure I'll run a 50hp shot and my old mc culloch super charger which should boost hp without blowing it up right away, I got 2 460s waiting in the shop for when it does go, I can't get a bigger front axle for a bit so I am hoping with all the excess weight gone it will hold up a little better, I have lots of spare axles for it just in case, I'm just trying to do the best I can with what I have for now, I want to get out and play this year...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts