Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

after stereo install, won't start :(

862 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  monkeyhouse 
#1 ·
Hopefully you guys can help me out. Today I was installing a new stereo in my wife's '93. I got it all done and now it cranks and cranks, but no start. :duh There is a "fuel reset" light illuminated which I'm not sure if its always lit at start or not. I searched using key words fuel,reset,light but didn't get much. I can't imagine the stereo harness could cause this and this truck has been very reliable and seems kinda ironic that it would have a possible electrical problem right after I got done w/messing with the electrical system. Anyway I bought an adapter that plugs into the original harness then to the stereo. I know one harness plug is for speakers and the other is your power and such. I had to run new speaker wire to the front speakers due to one of them cutting in and out so I bypassed the harness for the front two but still used it for the rear speakers. I also ran a power wire for the amp from the battery. Its possible while messing around in the engine compartment I bumped something I shouldn't have , but I re-checked every connector I could find but no help. I am giving up for the evening but will jump back on it in the morning. Hopefully someone can help.

#5 ·
redwagon said:
did ya pull off any of the front scuff plates?....there is a cut off switch that you might have bumped.
holy crap good call! I just went out and looked and on the passenger side kick panel at some relay lookin things and found a little button on top. Pushed it, and fired right up! Whats the purpose of this? What would I have bumped to trip it? Mostly curious, try to learn as much as I can. Well I feel much better and its time for another beer. Wish I could buy red wagon one!This board has saved my ass many a time, so Thanx again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.