Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Myself and Bud N. are putting together a run on Friday November 28th...the day after Thanksgiving. There are a couple of invites around the web, pavementsucks and other AZ sites. We are planning on running Upper/Lower Woodpecker.

The trail is out past Apache Junction so it's a long haul for anyone on the North or West side of town but it's worth the trip.

Woodpecker is at least a 3 with some 4+ options. This is the trail with the locally famous Fire Hole obstacle. I would recommend that your rig has at least one locker, 35" tires and the abality to be dented and scratched.

The meeting spot is the Quick Trip on Greenfield road (NOT Gilbert road) just South of Hi-Way 60. 8:30am is a good time to show up. The group will leave at 9:00am sharp. Promptness is important as it is another 45 minuet drive to the trail head.

You should also pack a lunch because it will more then likely be a long day.

The starting CB channel is 4.

If you have any other questions please e-mail me at [email protected]

Hope to see you out there.

-Scott

P.S.-here's a few picks from the trail from a run last year.

:usa

Some directions to QT for you North and West siders.

Take I-10 or the 101 to Hi-Way 60.
Head East on 60
Exit 60 on Greenfield
Turn South on Greenfield (right)
QT is on the left.
FYI-Greenfield is 6 -7 miles East of the 101:chili:

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!
For those of you that didn't know :banghead , the Woodpecker trail is on state trust land. A permit is needed to use any trail on state trust land. I'm not condoning running the trail with out one but I have yet to have the lack of one be an issue...but all it takes is one ranger and you could be up $hit$ creak with out a paddle.

You can pick one up from the Arizona State Land Deptepartment Office. YOU MUST DO IT IN PERSON. I checked. Or you can do it via mail but it would never be back to you in time for this trip.

Here's the info on where to get one in Phoenix.
State Land Department
1616 W. Adams
Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602)364-2753

Cost:
$15.00 for individual recreational permit
$20.00 for a family permit
They are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase.:deal
UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
how people are signed up so far? Im down tho, Im getting time off work, even know it will take 3 tanks of fuel and 3 hours to get there:toothless

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts

·
That SmackMyB$tchUp Guy
1,011 Posts
Sounds good. I will most likely be there. :thumbup

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
He lives over by me, like 2 miles from my house.

anyway you might want to post directions to QT for us west siders. Is it that one we met at before when we went to scyamore? If not I will just call and harass you about it:toothless

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dustin said:
anyway you might want to post directions to QT for us west siders.
Done. Look under the pic's at the top of the post.

Dustin said:
Is it that one we met at before when we went to scyamore?
Nope. That's the QT on Country Club by my old house.

Dustin said:
I will just call and harass you about it:toothless
What about her a$$?:shocked

Hey and no more :cry about it's to far to the East side because after this trip swinging over to my place or even crusing to Guam via a row boat will seem like a short trip.:chili:

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
oh i ment to say box canyon. I remember it took over an hour to get there from my house and I drive fast

oh and I will start rowing tonght then:goodfinge

·
0 Posts
Ok, i am trying to put this together.

However, i may be in an early bronco my buddies. He just moved back down here from Portland.

i will update.

·
0 Posts
yup, i talked to him last night. Hes in fer it. my turd needs some more work done to it.

like a straight axle.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
I posted this on wheelingarizona too and there are a couple people that want to go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts