Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth it? My F250 already has a Jacobs system on it (coil and ignition box) so I was thinking about getting a distributor for it too to complete the package. But before I go and spend $250+ on a new distributor, is it worth the money? If it is, what seems to be the better ones to get?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Project Lazarus said:
Are they worth it? My F250 already has a Jacobs system on it (coil and ignition box) so I was thinking about getting a distributor for it too to complete the package. But before I go and spend $250+ on a new distributor, is it worth the money? If it is, what seems to be the better ones to get?
I dunno PL

I'm a Mopar guy and we'd beg for a better distributor, but these Ford dists seem to last a lifetime. Jeepers comb junkyards just to find used ones to put on their Jeeps.

Ain't no flies on anything Jacobs, what's your system not doing ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing as far as I know. I was just wondering if there was anything to be had by getting an aftermarket distrib.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
I don't know if you'd gain anything or not. The reason jeepers comb JYs is because their dist shafts bend too easy. The only dizzy I ever replaced was in a chebby. I gained but I also went from points to breakerless and in the bargain got a water-tight unit.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
I installed an Accel billet aluminum distributor when I rebuilt my engine. I'm also running a roller cam with a Crane Fireball ignition system to top it off and I needed to buy a new dist. for my junk yard rebuild.

No performance gain with my model really, mostly the peace of mind of reliability and durability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts