Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to install something like this into my 1990 Bronco (see pic).

My Bronco did not come with the factory tachometer and has the oil pressure and fuel level gauges on the far right. My questions are (1) will I need to find a cable for the tach (or wiring harness), and (2) will the connections for the other gauges reach to the other side of the cluster without any trouble? Has anyone ever done this kind of change?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazed said:
go get the whole thing from the wrecking yard. it all plugs in the same...i did it on mine...check my superford page for pics.
Sweet! That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks for posting those pics too! I'll probably go for a junk yard one if I can find one that's in good shape simply because I'd rather have the original look of black gauges.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if the Bronco II clusters are the same as the full-sized Broncos? They look quite similar to me in pictures found on the internet, but I can't really tell for sure. For that matter, the 1992-96 gauge cluster looks the same as the 87-91 too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ironclad said:
The was a post on this last week......

~CLUSTER GAUGES~
Well, that post did mention white faced gauges, but did not answer any of my questions. Thanks though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 1990 came with the cluster like the first picture except without the white face. But I did find white facing for '87-'91 on ebay last week. I think it was 15 bucks. So if you find a black faced one in the junkyard, you can get white facing for it.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
EBay, Ebay EBay..

Find mass Bronco parts on there . I replaced my cluster with one I got on Ebay.. Ebay is a godsend to these Broncos.. That and a good salvage yard where I scored a back tire rack for the beast for 20 bucks!!! I am done rambling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts