Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Bronco, stock cassette player.

I am putting a Pioneer DEH7500MP head unit in. First, Do I need some sort of DIN cage? The stock unit has a plastic tab on the top that meets with a metal brace on the top (its a T, and the plastic tab guides itself into the dash with it. I just did a test fit, and the pioneer gets stuck halfway. Are these meant to be that tight? I dont want to manhandle it. If any of you guys have some pointers for me, I would really appreciate it. I have the radio out, and hoped to get this thing installed today. Thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
245 Posts
my pioneer had a frame around the radio that you remove and fit into the opening from the old radio. then bend a few tabs down to hold it into the opening. the head unit then slides into this frame after hooking up the antenna and wiring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, after some more thought and messing with it, I figured out that the cage was on the cd player, and I had to remove it. Thanks for the reply. I do have another question though. I have the two piece harness (one is black and one is grey). All of the black leads match up fine with the wiring harness adapter. The grey, on the other hand, does not. The adapter has leads here:

Adapter with x being wires,and _ nothing.
xxx_xx_x

The harness:
x_xxxxxx

The adapter lists the wires as follows:
amp turn on
power antenna
chassis ground
gap
illumination/dash light
12v ignition/switched
gap
12v battery/constant

The harness wiring colors are as follows:
black with green stripe
nothing
black with green stripe
orange with black stripe
light blue with red stripe
yellow with black stripe
appears to be solid black with no stripe
green with black stripe

I have to believe that there is a problem here. Shouldnt all the leads meet up with the adapter, or are some irrelevent, and I just continue on and connect it like normal? Is this just a universal harness in my truck, and I shouldnt worry about it? I hope someone can help me out. Thanks

Rich

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I would recommend just going and getting a new harness for the truck end...for the price...it'd be worh it.

I'll look at this again later and see if I can figure out your wires...but right now...I am sooo damned tired.

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wired the deck up no problem today. After looking at the wires, and my print out from installdr.com, I found my errors. It was a very quick install from that point on. Thanks for all the respones.

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts