Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry if that has been posted before, but, I searched and searched and didn't see this problem anywhere..

I have an 87/88 Bronco. The reason why I say this is because the tag in the door states it was made in 1987. Yet, parts for it are mostly 88, that I have gotten for it. I know the parts do not differ much. But, however , I believe the front ends do.. I want to replace my locking hubs with some new aftermarket hubs. Unfortunately, the Warn Hubs won't fit my year. They are claiming this is a dealer only item? That quite sucks. I was wondering if anyone has a very , very early made 1988 bronco and is dealing or dealt with this issue..

Once again, sorry if this was already posted..

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
you are prolly talkin about the hat style hubs? they are pretty much held on by the rim? It is 87-88, both years have the same style. I would also like an answer because that style sucks. I would think the way to change them is to swap the knuckles, from the ball joints out is the part i am talking about....that way you can get the other style of hubs...not sure just an idea. :)

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
That is a good question and I don't have an answer for you. However I do know that in the mid-late 80's Broncos there were some strange hub assemblies. If Warn says Ford only then you are probably out of luck.

·
Registered
506 Posts
AFAIK, you are SOL for warns. They make them for rangers in that style, but not the big ones. To convert to a normal style hub, you will need spindles, bearings, hub, rotor, stub sharfts, lock nuts, and of course lockouts from a donor.

Or I could hook you up with my old ones to have for spares.....

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Appreciate it.. The hubs seem to working and I had no intention on just replacing them. My buddy was putting a set of hubs on a Bronco2 and I just got curious..

Badblack, that is totally cool of you . Of course now. haha, the next damn wheeling trip I go on. My hubs are gonna go to shit :banghead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts