Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get rid of the factory ignition all together, and use a push button for starting.
If I put in an MSD-6AL, is that all i will need in order to do this. Besides a switch for ignition on and a button for starting.

Theft is not a problem where I am at. There is nobody around for miles.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
You dont really need to install a push button start to run a 6AL, you do need to make sure it gets power in both Start and RUn though.
You can also install a hidden switch to ground out the trigger wire, read the directions with the ignition.
Also, if you have just a basically stock engine, you dont need a 6AL, your engine probably wouldn't be reving like crazy, even on accident, but its up to you if you wanna spend the extra 70 or so bucks on the 6AL, when I 6A will work.

You need some solder, soldering iron, shrink wrap tubing, and some connectors(the ignition may come with most of the connectors you will need though.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey that's kewl. I am not set on anything in particular. Just read somewhere that was the ignition to use. I have never dealt with this type of thing.
Just wanted to make sure that whatever ignition system I get, can be set up like i'm talking about.
thanks

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
do they make a kit for older (78-9) years?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,913 Posts
MIKENTX said:
hey that's kewl. I am not set on anything in particular. Just read somewhere that was the ignition to use. I have never dealt with this type of thing.
The 6AL box just has where you can put a pill in it like a rev limiter, like 81Bronk said, just get the 6A box. That's what I have on my '78 and it actually crapped out on me after 2 years. :banghead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts