Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want a cool mechanical speedo like mine?

But how do you connect it when the gauge is threaded, and Ford used a platic clip?

Cut a 4.5" long piece of flat stock and shape it as shown

make sure you get the right bends

find these really cool screws that thread into the nuts suplied with your gauge. 8-24 if I remember correctly

I have the metal speedo cable end to show how the parts fit togeather. The hole for the speedo cable needs to be 1/2"

Mock up on speedometer

finished!

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Looks good. You can buy that back you made at some marine stores. They are plastic on most boat guages so they break and stores have them in stock. At least here anyways...

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boat store?
Now Why would I go into a boat store to put aftermarket guages in my truck?
Would have never thought about it. LOL

·
College User
2,026 Posts
If you own a boat you go into boat stores such as I do, and thus that is why I brought it up

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
You would be surprised how many useful little odds and ends are at boat stores. The best silicone sealants... 3M's 5200/5300 marine adhesive. Small odds and ends, Electronics...All sorts of stuff.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I'm impressed...took your eyes off the road while going almost 100 in your Bronco just to take a picture :brownbag :thumbup

Even more impressed that you set the milage.

:beer
Bill

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took FOREVER to get that picture. simply snaping the pic is easy, but having the time to keep the camara steady took a few trys. :D

This one is too blury to enlarge the speedo any, but I was coming up to that Honda pretty quick ;)

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Thanks Ryan!!

that will do the trick. How long DID it take you to put all those miles on your speedo. My 3/8 drill spinned my old speedo at 55 almost on the nose (we were bored)

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I thought about spinning up the speedo t oput on the miles exactly with the new engine I installed. I had about 150 miles on the engine before the new dash. Well the drill would go about 50 or so like you said, so I gave up quickly. I then tried the Dremil, but that spun the wrong way, so I took off 2 miles I added with the drill.
I gave up quickly.

Dash is about 2 years old, so I put on about 5K a year

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this dash is now 2 years old, nothing new about it now.
I build my truck for me. If you like it, cool vote for me.
It's hard to pimp a truck with 235 tires and a 2" lift, 95% of the members here like muddy rock pictures

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
this dash is now 2 years old, nothing new about it now.
I build my truck for me. If you like it, cool vote for me.
It's hard to pimp a truck with 235 tires and a 2" lift, 95% of the members here like muddy rock pictures

I like dusty sand dunes myself. I'm on 31s and 0" lift. I mayuse my "spare" (original) dash to do that in my 80.

~Critter

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 93 EB cruiser
361 Posts
truck going straight, steering wheel off center... do i smell ttb? :histerica

nice work :thumbup

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can't see the pics, any chance you can email em to me? Entire cluster on my 95 decided to go out

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,750 Posts
A lot of these old threads have pictures that don't show up. Some were posted on picture hosting sites that are no longer valid.

Fireguy50 won't be answering your requests for pictures, he hasn't been on the forums in a long time.

Reactions: LMV1994

·
Registered
26 Posts
A lot of these old threads have pictures that don't show up. Some were posted on picture hosting sites that are no longer valid.

Fireguy50 won't be answering your requests for pictures, he hasn't been on the forums in a long time.
Thanks for letting me know, I guess I'll go junk yard diving to find one that hopefully works

1 - 18 of 18 Posts