Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and have had no luck. I have smoked headlights on my bronco and I want a set of clear smoked factory tail lights for the rear. Every where I have looked online no ones seems to offer some. I don't want to put ugly euro style lights on my truck because they would be more out of place than my factory ones. Does any one know where to get some clear smoked factory ones for the rear? I don't want to have my stock ones painted. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are nice looking. I was just looking for some stock style ones with smoked lenses. Those are just a little expensive for me

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are exactly what I am looking for

·
Registered
381 Posts
88, did your tails come with LED bulbs? The clear corners I got from AFT said no bulbs included, but when they showed up there were led bulbs in the box. Funny thing though, they are red. :doh0715:
Of course they're red. By law, your brake lights MUST be red. Any other color is illegal.

·
Registered
446 Posts
88, did your tails come with LED bulbs? The clear corners I got from AFT said no bulbs included, but when they showed up there were led bulbs in the box. Funny thing though, they are red. :doh0715:
Of course they're red. By law, your brake lights MUST be red. Any other color is illegal.
Re-read my post. The important part is in bold print.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you ever get those tail lights installed?

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Sorry guys. Didn't notice the comments in here. I did receive the bulbs with my purchase. I actually ordered them through ebay and the price included shipping and the bulbs. On their website they don't tell you that they include bulbs. Also they list the lights cheaper but when you add shipping you are paying the same amount.

Did you ever get those tail lights installed?
I haven't installed them. In fact, my wife doesn't even know I bought them. :toothless

I was going to wait until I start tearing into my axle swap to do any work to the bronco, but since it will only take a few minutes, I'll do it tomorrow while the wife is at work. :thumbup

My front clear corners should also be here by Wednesday. Again the wife doesn't know about them so they will wait to be installed.

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Got the tails installed today. The fitment wasn't great. I had to do a little trimming to the backside where the screws mount.

Some of the holes also didn't line up and i had to drill them out.

But I am satisfied with the final product.

These lights won't be street legal here in Jersey and I don't know if I would recommend them on a daily driver for safety issues, but I do like the way they look.

Oh and they did come with the red led bulbs.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
that is the biggest pet peeve about aftermarket tail lights, you cant see the damn things, they are not very bright

can you install a standard bulb in place of the led?
you can get a standard bulb in red

most led replacement bulbs are very dim in comparison to standard bulb
as led are directional (the light comes out the end of the diode,not the side too like a regular globe bulb)and most of the time do not end up using the reflector inside the light to direct light output

a true replacement led bulb is available and looks funny as it has led's all around to give light in all directions like a incandescent bulb,about $23 a bulb though
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1157-led-bulb-dual-intensity-45-smd-led-tower-/814/

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
that is the biggest pet peeve about aftermarket tail lights, you cant see the damn things, they are not very bright

can you install a standard bulb in place of the led?

you can get a standard bulb in red

most led replacement bulbs are very dim in comparison to standard bulb

as led are directional (the light comes out the end of the diode,not the side too like a regular globe bulb)and most of the time do not end up using the reflector inside the light to direct light output

a true replacement led bulb is available and looks funny as it has led's all around to give light in all directions like a incandescent bulb,about $23 a bulb though

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1157-led-bulb-dual-intensity-45-smd-led-tower-/814/

I had red bulbs in clear tail lights and they weren't very bright at all. I upgraded to LED's that I got from rescubronc on here and were at least 3-4 time brighter than the regular bulbs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pretty sure those would be illegal in WA state also. There must be red showing when the lights are off. Those lights are a good excuse for any officer to pull you over. They do look cool though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts