Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe it was sixlitre but i can't be positive, however I remember reading a post discussing increasing the longevity of the E4OD. It's suggested installing an aftermarket tranny cooler in addition to the one in the radiator and an in-line oil filter. I removed my grill this weekend and my bronco already has a small 2 row cooler (measures 12x4) mounted on the upper drivers side of the radiator. Should I replace it with a larger one? Also, do any of you guys that have installed an inline filter have issues with blowing the filter out? If i remember right the transmission line pressure is quite a bit higher than the oil pressure. :popc1:

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Go big on the transmission cooler, plumb the 4x12 into the powersteering cooler line-

·
Registered
157 Posts
X2 on going big on trans cooler. I am running two good size coolers along with the one in my rad. There are filters specifically designed for going in the trans line. Search through a Summit Racing catalog or online and you'll find some options. Once you've done that I suggest that you take that small two core and flush it out than run it as a power steering cooler.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There was another thread about coolers and most of the folks recommended running to the junk yard and pulling one from a van. Just blow it out with an air hose before using them.

Summit and jegs both stock the trans filter kits, I'm planning on getting one myself. There is a deluxe kit that comes with a temp gauge that I want. I like this one but no gauge with it. http://www.jegs.com/i/Perma-Cool/771/10678/10002/-1

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome guys, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts