Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What age should kids leave their parents home?

• 18 Get out and go to school or serve your country!

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • 21 if they can drink they can pay their own rent.

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • 17 I will sign the papers for them to join the service!

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • 25 Ok your insurance went down now leave!

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Never, they cant handle the REAL world!

Votes: 6 4.7%
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What age do you think kids should leave home? ive noticed a trend of kids that love at home tell mid 20's and think its rather stupid.

Ray

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,038 Posts
when ever yer' ****ing well ready to leave.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
What was sadder than the recent internet article on the late 20's to early 30's mama's boys still leaching off their parents not having a job or ambitions to do anything with thier lives was the amount of comments posted on the FARK website from users in that age range whining about how unfair it was and how facist the said article was.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
My parents are fine with me staying at home as long as i have a job or am going to school. Im 20, and im currently going to a community college and i dont think im going to be moving out for another year or two.

Theres no certain age, its all about the situation youre in.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it is awful EASY to stay home instead of the dorms or renting an apartment also... isnt it? do you have a bed time? also do your parents let you bring girls home?

pRay

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Whats funny is the pile of shit keeps posting it as an issue. I'll name some of my real good friends who live at home over 20

My buddy Adam, 22 years old, a full time student who works at a bank, going to law school living at home because he has more important things to be doing

My buddy Spencer, 21 years old, divorced paying out the ass working 2 jobs to make sure his kid has a home with his ex-wife while the custody battle ensues. Heavy equipment mechanic for CAT, drive thru at night. Living at home to make sure his kid has a safe place to go.

My buddy Eric, 20 years old, living at home, paying $100/month rent because it's cheaper than getting an apartment. Heavy equipment mechanic by day, gas station attendant at night to support himself.

Myself. Building maintenance engineer, living at home, paying off debt from last November trying to get myself back on my feet while attempting to find room mates to move out with.

My buddy Gene, 19 years old, Dodge mechanic, living at home by choice and cultural tradition.

My buddy Zack, 21 years old, living at home, rebuilding the engine in his 74 Jeep Cherokee as to not have a car payment, working for Dodge in the quick lube trying to go somewhere with his life. Living off mom and dad's living expenses as it's aweful damn expensive to live in Colorado.

So Greythorn, pull your dildo out of your ass and stop being a pile of crap around here. You sir are the type of person I have disrespect for, military or not. You're also the type of person that has prevented me from joining as well. I've met way to many of your type in the military.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats funny is the pile of shit keeps posting it as an issue. I'll name some of my real good friends who live at home over 20

My buddy Adam, 22 years old, a full time student who works at a bank, going to law school living at home because he has more important things to be doing

My buddy Spencer, 21 years old, divorced paying out the ass working 2 jobs to make sure his kid has a home with his ex-wife while the custody battle ensues. Heavy equipment mechanic for CAT, drive thru at night. Living at home to make sure his kid has a safe place to go.

My buddy Eric, 20 years old, living at home, paying $100/month rent because it's cheaper than getting an apartment. Heavy equipment mechanic by day, gas station attendant at night to support himself.

Myself. Building maintenance engineer, living at home, paying off debt from last November trying to get myself back on my feet while attempting to find room mates to move out with.

My buddy Gene, 19 years old, Dodge mechanic, living at home by choice and cultural tradition.

My buddy Zack, 21 years old, living at home, rebuilding the engine in his 74 Jeep Cherokee as to not have a car payment, working for Dodge in the quick lube trying to go somewhere with his life. Living off mom and dad's living expenses as it's aweful damn expensive to live in Colorado.

So Greythorn, pull your dildo out of your ass and stop being a pile of crap around here. You sir are the type of person I have disrespect for, military or not. You're also the type of person that has prevented me from joining as well. I've met way to many of your type in the military.
:histerica:histerica:histerica

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
I'm laughing too, at how you've pissed too many people off already. Glad the USMC taught you to be a man (sarcasm for you there bud since you may not know what it is)

*disclaimer* I have absolutely no beef with the military in the comments I have and will make. I respect those who are fighting for my right to voice my opinion and thank you. I however have NO respect for individuals like Greythorn13 who have nothing better to do then stir up trouble and run their mouths just to hear themselves speak

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
when Im damn well ready to leave my house ill leave it.. I can care less who gives a crap if I live with my parents. I'd rather live here than some place I cant afford.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I left home at 20 to go away to college and paid for everything except tuition. Working two jobs and turning wrenches on the side to make ends meet. Kids these days that have fancy cars and live off of their parents should be kicked out IMMEDIATELY!!!!:twak

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Does me paying my hard earned money for my 2002 Ranger FX4 fall under the fancy car category??? Bronco was paid off a long time ago.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I left home at 20 to go away to college and paid for everything except tuition. Working two jobs and turning wrenches on the side to make ends meet. Kids these days that have fancy cars and live off of their parents should be kicked out IMMEDIATELY!!!!:twak

agreed! guess there is still hope for america!

ray

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Greythorn, apparently it wouldnt have hurt for you to take a few years for school. You are terribly unintelligent and obviously uneducated. You're definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just because your daddy beat you and your mom regretted raising you(which they did a terrible job at) doesnt mean that you have to lash out at us that are fortunate enough to have families that like seeing us around. I feel sorry for you, you sad lonely man.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Greythorn, apparently it wouldnt have hurt for you to take a few years for school. You are terribly unintelligent and obviously uneducated. You're definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just because your daddy beat you and your mom regretted raising you(which they did a terrible job at) doesnt mean that you have to lash out at us that are fortunate enough to have families that like seeing us around. I feel sorry for you, you sad lonely man.
:histerica:histerica:histerica

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
i have a friend who is 25 and he is still living with his parents for a couple of reasons.
1. he is paying off all of his college debts
2.he is saving up his money to pretty much buy a house, so he doesnt have to pay it off

he has a good job, hes smart, and he actully has a plan of what he is going to do.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i left the house when i was a senoir in high school, i had my own apt and a job to pay apt. my parents did help with some finances when i was short but mostly it was up to me. my brother lived with our mom up to her passing he was 37 at the time, dead beat loser.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts