Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving on a pretty rough trail but nothing extraordinary I came up on a big rock and did this. Shit!!:whiteflag

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
dude that's the only thing step bars are good for getting ripped off! but now you can get some rock sliders and use them as a step if needed!

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Yeah, rock sliders with a step are the way to go. It doesn't take much to break off those cast aluminum steps.
Hefty makes some nice sliders.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Yep been there done that one. I went this route.

I was about to tell him i saw a bko up here that used chains as steps and there ya go beatin me too it

still working on fixing me up a set

·
Low Buck Bum
3,543 Posts
What, no :cry face?

:histerica

We used to take cable off the skidder drum, swedge ends on it, and make a solid step to go between two pieces. It's easier than trying to climb on a piece of chain when it's wet or muddy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
that sucks, but I had those same steps on my work truck (dodge 3500), and they broke in the parking lot. I wouldnt lose to much sleep they suck in my opinion, made out of cast aluminum. If u want something stought a good rock slider with a step attachment should be good. I believe hefty fab makes one.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep I think sliders are the way to go and I will be having them made by the same guy that did this. He sure is a good aluminum welder. No other damage to my Bronco either BTW...just this step.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I have a set of those in my shed... Was given to me along with a couple other parts...

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,250 Posts
Yep I think sliders are the way to go and I will be having them made by the same guy that did this. He sure is a good aluminum welder. No other damage to my Bronco either BTW...just this step.

You are going to have your sliders made out of aluminum?

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
You are going to have your sliders made out of aluminum?
Thats not how I read that. I read it as he is going to get the guy who did the welding on the aluminum to build him a set of steel sliders because of how go of a job he did welding the aluminum.;)

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I know a guy who used stirrups from a saddle (however the hell you spell it) on his BKO for side steps. Oddly enough they look really cool, plus technically they are on a horse. I'll get some pics next time I see him.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats not how I read that. I read it as he is going to get the guy who did the welding on the aluminum to build him a set of steel sliders because of how go of a job he did welding the aluminum.;)
That is correct Dan! They will be steel tubing. This kid is just the best around here at aluminum welding..he's no slouch at steel welding either and his prices are terrific. I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts