Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought a new Pioneer deck and speakers today online.. (on there way)

so i decided to take the old unit out ( it was still working at this time).. pulled the speakers.. then came to the deck.. pulled the harness plug.. tried wiring up a buddies deck in.. (for the hell of it) .. changed the harness plug to fit his.. while i was doing so i accidently sparked some wires :shocked .. now my dome light is gone.. and i tried to re-wire my old deck back in... NO POWER!! nothing.. dosent even turn on.. i checked fuses they seem fine.. btw what fuses should i be checking? i checked 8, 9, and 10...

any help? :cry :banghead

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ran into a similar problem a couple weeks ago. It turned out to be just a fuse, but it happened to be the same fuse that ran the spedometer and shift controler.:banghead But that is # 8 and you said you checked it.

Have you checked the fuse in the back of the stereo unit?

good luck with it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpringBronco said:
I ran into a similar problem a couple weeks ago. It turned out to be just a fuse, but it happened to be the same fuse that ran the spedometer and shift controler.:banghead But that is # 8 and you said you checked it.

Have you checked the fuse in the back of the stereo unit?

good luck with it...
actually now that i think about it.. i didnt check #8 !! :shocked .. im gonna go check it now in the cold :banghead thanks.. and yes i checked the fuse in the unit.. im looking for discoloration right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need to pull the fuse out so you can look Through the side. if the little wire inside is burnt up then it needs replacing.

if your spedo doesn't work then im pretty sure thats it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
heres a pic of a blown fuse...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpringBronco said:
heres a pic of a blown fuse...

i pulled them they seemed pretty good to me.. kinda dark.. ill check again tomorrow morning.. thanks for the pic :thumbup

is there anything else i should look for? i mean it was working when i pulled it out.. :shrug

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Did ya check the bulb in the OH light?

Check the power wire for the radio, you might have burned an "open" into the wiring.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You know that exact same thing happened to me about a month ago.
turned out to be the harmonic fuse next to the blinker fluid reservoir:toothless

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Heres an idea...Next time you change anything regarding electrical wiring disconnect the battery. Your Dad should be smacked.:twak

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
yeah dude- to save your fingers and you rtruck some pain- dissconnect the battery... jeez.
check all the fuses and then go after the wires- there might be so un-unsulated wire or somethign thats giveing you grief. check all the wires going in and out of the harness- ive wired some systems before and the harness can get kinda crappy after so many years.
ace

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha ok guys i checked the fuses... *8 and #12 were blown to shreds.. replaced them.. now i have power to the dome and stereo system... but no sound..baahaha.. whats the deal now? ive wired them like the book says...

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Make sure the head unit is not muted. Sound isn't something with your vehicle it's something with your head unit. Double check all your connections.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
hahahaha.... dude it was a pain in the but to put in my system. We completly wired up my new deck but had no sound. Spent like a week trying to figure it out. Returned deck, bought new one (pioneer this time) and put it in... ANDDDDDD no sound:banghead . we unplugged everything and ran all new wires and nowits sounds great:beer

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know some of the systems I've installed had to have all new speaker wiring run to each speaker. In some Ford and Chrysler vehicles, all of the speaker share a common ground. I had a Dodge ram with the "premium" sound package in it.. Anyway. all of the speakers had their own individual amps. Each speaker had a bundle of cables running to it. All I could figure was that each speaker had it's own amp and crossover.. Anyway, so much for "premium", my 12 yr old Super Tuner and some new 6x9's sounded WAYYY better than their "premium" system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah ok...wow this sucks... my new deck and speakers arent here yet..

the whole time i was tring to wire up a newer Pioneer deck that my neighbor had loaned me.. so with the whole "no sound" thing i was confused as hell.. so i said screw it.. i put my older Sony deck in and now there is sound ..... ahhhhh i hope my newer Pioneer deck will work.. i bought all new speakers to.. so they should come with speaker wire right?

like someone said above.. he had to change all his speaker wires out.. im hoping thats the case...

thanks for all your help/advice/and input.. im glad i at least wired it back to normal and fixed a couple fuses..

·
Registered
621 Posts
it would be best to run all new speaker wire. the stuff that's there has probably been there from the factory. i had a day off so i spent it wiring my stereo seats came out, carpet came out door panels came off. but i like to think i know what im doing, and since it al works, that means i got lucky

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
qcbronc said:
hahahaha.... dude it was a pain in the but to put in my system. We completly wired up my new deck but had no sound. Spent like a week trying to figure it out. Returned deck, bought new one (pioneer this time) and put it in... ANDDDDDD no sound:banghead . we unplugged everything and ran all new wires and nowits sounds great:beer
right on.. so you think with the newer Pioneer decks need newer speaker wires? and when you say you unplugged eveything and ran all new wires... is that the harness too :shocked ? or just speakers...?

thanks again guys... i sometimes think what if i never found this site... id still be sittin out there trying to wire it up.. :thumbup :beer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts