Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took the pan off my brothers 95 ford bronco because i was having a really hard 1st to 2nd shift, i tested all the trans electronic controls and everything seems to be fine, its not in limp mode i have no trans codes and the od light isnt blinking.. i thought i might be having a sticky valve or somthing internal, weird thing is is that in the mourning when i take off cold the first couple shifts are normal. i just pulled the pan off and noticed the filter was hanging down loosely and it had two orings/seals(the orange ones) where it goes to the valve body like someone left one in at one time and replaced the filter not taking the old one out. what my question is. can this cause a hard shift, would a bad seal at the filter cause aeration and possibly a hard shift concern? i searched and couldnt find an exact anwser. i am goign to test the soleniods and see if they are good or not now, anyinfo would be great thanks

--David

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
It's probably been sucking air, so that's a good basis for thinking that the clutches are at least a tad burned. It could have significant ramifications if it's been like that for long enough. There's a TSB about E4OD-equipped trucks stalling in reverse if the filter drops down, and there is a small sheet metal spring clip designed to alleviate this problem. Similarly, I think that's the sort of situation that's causing your hard shifting.

Slap silly whomever left the old O-ring in the bore!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts