Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone had installed an air horn or train horn on their bronco. I was looking for some tips or ideas on where to mount the horns and what type/brand to get, how you wired it up, what did you use for a compressor, that sort of thing. I was thinking that i should get a kit that comes with a compressor, but i dont want it to suck. I know they have them at harbor frieght, does anyone have a better kit. I have OBA, but im not sure how to make it work with air horns. any info would be great. thanks.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
i've installed and removed airhorns from ambulances
wish i could help you out with brands and places to get them but they were always on trucks when we got them and i never paid attention to brands

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
I have a set. No pics yet. I have a 3 gal tank mounted in the front bumper, a Viair compressor in front of the radiator and a 4 trumpet set up mounted under the hood. It is next to the master cylinder when the hood is closed. I will try to get pics later. There are some where the valve is on the horns and others that are in the air line. I hooked it up to the regular horn button to trigger the relay.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i have a set but i pieced it together. i mounted the horn behind the grill but im thinkn about movein it. gets alot of road debre.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set. No pics yet. I have a 3 gal tank mounted in the front bumper, a Viair compressor in front of the radiator and a 4 trumpet set up mounted under the hood. It is next to the master cylinder when the hood is closed. I will try to get pics later. There are some where the valve is on the horns and others that are in the air line. I hooked it up to the regular horn button to trigger the relay.
do you have any pics?? where did you get your horns at??

I'm not looking for anything too expensive, that horn blasters stuff is too much. I was looking to spend no more than about 100 bucks. Still looking for some pics. Thanks for the tips so far.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Grover makes good airhorns. Most of what you find on fire trucks and ambulances are Grovers.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after looking around, i may just want to buy some trumpets to hook up to my existing OBA, for cost reasons. The only thing i'm sturggling with is finding some sort of solenoid that will allow air to pass when i flip an electrical switch. like its normally closed then when the unit recieves 12volts/ground it opens. alot like what comes with an ARB. any ideas??

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a set of Hadleys. I have everything mounted under the hood. I will get a pic when I get a chance. They are loud horns, but not for what I paid. I paid a little over 400. If you look on ebay you can find some nice horns for around the same price or cheaper that are louder.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check out the Hadley site. I have the Hadleys and I have a switch so I can use either stock or airhorns with the stock horn button. I have the electrical solonoid. It just screws into the tank andd hook up the wires.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
what if my exsisting horn is starting to sound like crap? can i simply replace it with something that will be louder?
??????????????????

You can do whatever you want to with it... what do you want to do? They make louder 'stock' horns... or did you want to go to electric trumpet, air trumpet... what?

Check out the Hadley site. I have the Hadleys and I have a switch so I can use either stock or airhorns with the stock horn button. I have the electrical solonoid. It just screws into the tank andd hook up the wires.
Best way to do it... just make sure you put it back to the stock horn before you go through inspections... you'll get a definite fail if you forget to do it. :banghead

·
Registered
476 Posts
??????????????????

You can do whatever you want to with it... what do you want to do? They make louder 'stock' horns... or did you want to go to electric trumpet, air trumpet... what?
i havent seen any direct replacements. i just want it to be louder. give people a lil 'startup' when they sit at that green light for too long.

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
after looking around, i may just want to buy some trumpets to hook up to my existing OBA, for cost reasons. The only thing i'm sturggling with is finding some sort of solenoid that will allow air to pass when i flip an electrical switch. like its normally closed then when the unit recieves 12volts/ground it opens. alot like what comes with an ARB. any ideas??

Here is the valve I am using.
http://www.siege-engineering.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=3448094&categoryid=21068
I bought this package last year but in chrome.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hamm...004QQitemZ140202513678QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
If you get the horns from them, they have the solenoid already. Just a matter of running a line to a tank if you have one and connecting the horn wiring to the solenoid.
As soon as I can get my camera back, I will post a pick .

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Anyone who doesnt find this downright hilarous is too darn old! LOL
oh my god thats hilarious!!!!

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
assume you are talking about the hornblasters.com vids? i had tears coming down my face...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
assume you are talking about the hornblasters.com vids? i had tears coming down my face...

Yes sir! I'm in my bedroom and I had it cranked and after 10 mins worth of vids the GF's is like " okay, great, its a horn.. " She just doesnt understand how damn funny it is!! :rockon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts