Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours is broke. Got a exhaust leak sound (previoud thread) Anyway with it leaking does it cause a loss of power? When you really kick the 302 in the pants at around 4000 the tack starts jumping up and down and the motor seems to miss. I am talking about flooring it to move in a hurry. This is not on a constant basis. Just noticed it last night. First time I have ever done that. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Well, it's at least throwing off the readings of the oxygen sensor, so if nothing else it could be hurting mileage badly. You're talking about the steel crossover tube that runs to the rear of the cylinder heads, right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
hate those things...autozone sells replacements for like 15 bucks, there are like 1.5 ft long and are tubing...i have two i go rid of the one cat for a hi flow:toothless..good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
95 Posts
for some reason my tube thing has the sensor thing welded at the top of the sensor & i have an oxygen sensor on one side of the extractors... car goes good though...
REMEMBER....TO GET THAT BOLT REALLY TIGHT......STRIP IT......THEN BACK IT OFF 2 TURNS...

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
:rolleyes:

There is no sensor on the air injection tube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts