Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found my air bypass valve was bad (stuck shut and broken parts in it). I installed a new valve. i verified the air pump was pumping air, it was blowing air at idle and increased as RPM went up. then the valve was tested, i tried to blow air thru and it only went thru one way (and out the filter on the bottom of the valve, this was air pump side, motor side would not pass thru) i then connected a vac source to it and it opened and closed fine. i then installed into the the motor. the vac lines go as listed. the start is the vac port right behind the egr valve and then to temp vas switch then to then tees and one side goes to the vaccum control switch then the perge valve. the other side goes to a check valve and then the air bypass valve. i do not seem to get any vac out of the front carb port. does this work at higher RPM or should it allow the air pump to pump air in the exhaust all the time?
this is a 1983 4.9....thanks for the assistance...mike
this diagram might help.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i been looking and there seems to be 2 type. normally closed (which is installed) and normally open. how do i know which should be installed?..mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts