Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya folks,

My Bronco has been giving me some warning lights recently and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. First off, I had replaced my steering column because the wheel itself was very loose and rocked back and forth. Ever since I did, my instrument cluster is giving me an airbag light flash code as follows:

Key On, Engine Off - 3 Flashes, Pause, 2 Flashes
Key On, Engine On - Same thing.

I am thinking it may be my clock spring assembly, as my cruise control and horn doesn't work ATM.

Next up, the ABS light. It comes on when key is in RUN position, and stays solid. At first I wondered if it would flash, but it doesn't. So I was curious as to what my first steps would be to figure out what it's trying to tell me. I know the Broncos are equipped with 4WABS versus the F-Series having just RWABS. Would a code scanner be able to identify what the issue is, or am I going to have to go through a series of troubleshooting? Not a concern, just curious.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
I am thinking it may be my clock spring assembly, as my cruise control and horn doesn't work ATM.

Next up, the ABS light. It comes on when key is in RUN position, and stays solid. At first I wondered if it would flash, but it doesn't. So I was curious as to what my first steps would be to figure out what it's trying to tell me. I know the Broncos are equipped with 4WABS versus the F-Series having just RWABS. Would a code scanner be able to identify what the issue is, or am I going to have to go through a series of troubleshooting? Not a concern, just curious.
:shrug

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, your very helpful pfun41! I kinda figured it might be clock spring assembly... but finding info was hard, either that or I'm not looking hard enough. :p

Now, I just hope someone knows what the steps are for troubleshooting the ABS.

·
Super Moderator
26,085 Posts
yo,
you can pull codes from the 4WABS module

4WABS Self Test & Test Connector Diagram, Component Locations, DTCs, 93-96; USE THIS PROCESS! "...The 4WABS TEST Connector is red; located at the left-hand side (driver's side) of the engine compartment and marked ANTI-LOCK TEST; Light Flash Technique 1. Note: If 12V test light is not available, the amber ABS warning light also flashes during this test. Locate test connector in the engine compartment and install 12V test light between Pins C and E. 2. With the ignition off, jumper Pin E to B. 3. Turn key to RUN position. 4. Remove jumper between Pins E and B after 5 seconds. 5. Count light flashes of test light or amber ABS warning light..." read more;; Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/255501_1

Here are the Ford {in-Point Tests for the Codes
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192557

1 - 4 of 4 Posts