Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, Need some help here, On my 1994 Bronco, 351, Airbag is flashing a code 22. Two flashes, 2 second pause( or so), Then two more flashes. Can't find anything anywhere that tell what this code is. Replaced the airbag with a junk yard pull off last week, no dice. Last night installed a brand new clockspring, still code 22. I have had this Bronc since 1998, garage kept, only had a little mild dry offroading in its life. also chasing down a vacuum leak for a code 332 EGR Valve. ( replaced EGR Valve, and Sensor, and put a Plastic Vacuum can on it from a 1996 f-150, ( Awesome), But didn't clear that code or stop the check engine light. I know this truck inside out, have always maintained it, has 145,000 miles on it. HELP, PLEASE! Scott.

Ok update, have found the diagram, and code 22 is-Rear Air Bag Sensor and Bracket Output Circuit Shorted to Battery Voltage. Have also located the location of this sensor. Will look for it tonight. This is the same side of truck where I had that rear panel replaced a few years back. That body shop messed up many things, Work looked good, but What Idiots! Hmmmm, I just wonder. Any other advice would be appretiated, and still need help with the 332 code. My next step with that is to start replacing vacuum lines.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had this issue recently as well. I took off the sensor and filed the inside of the bolt holes and took a wire brush to the bolts and body where it attaches. Removing the corrosion seems to have worked to get it grounded again. The airbag light has remained off for a couple days now so I'm optimistic that it will work as a permanent fix.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the response, Well, I tried the all of the contacts, ground them clean with a dremel, even cleaned the bolts and bolt holes out with a small caliber rifle brush, when done used elec contact grease on all, No dice, still coding. Finally found and purchased a new rear safing sensor, bout 32 bucks, installed. No dice. small black square of electrical tape fixed it for now:toothless.:banghead At least there is no light flashing in my eyes at night! For now I will let it be, and try to get the transmission going into nuetral prob fixed. I am still open to suggestions on the air bag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts