Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other dads here that fly their kids back and forth for visitation? If so, you will have experience what I have: Most major airports (forget the smaller ones!) have made ABSOLUTELY NO BATHROOM PROVISIONS FOR A DAD TRAVELLING WITH TWO YOUNG GIRLS! I and my kids have to just hold it until we get on the plane. Thankfully, we at least get to pre-board because my youngest is three, so I always get us a seat at the very back of the plane, and use the restroom as soon as we get situated.
While that may not seem like too big of a deal, we've had to lay over as long as six hours at the airport for a connecting flight before!
I was stuck at Kansas City airport for seven hours Sunday night/monday morning waiting for a connecting flight to come in from Chicago. Luckily, I had dropped the kids off in L.A. the day before, because we would have been totally screwed! I didn't get home until 2:00 A.M.
Austin's airport has "Family" bathrooms, which is what we need. Dallas has SOME, but apparently only if you're in the American Airline terminal, which does me no good because I almost always fly Southwest. (cheaper)
Just wanted to vent, and see if any other dads here are in the same predicament.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I carried my daughter by checking the mens room fiirst (to make sure no meat swinging at the urinals), took her to one of the stalls, I stood right outside the stall and anybody that came in I asked to use the stall vs. the urinal cause I had a little girl in there. They were very understanding and complied...:thumbup One layover the urinals were around the corner from the stalls and didn't have to worry about it, just carried her in and stood at the stall. You could even find another father waiting with you who will definatly appreciate the sittuation to stop people at the door so you have the whole room to your self till their done...it wouldn't be any different than them having to wait because of cleaning (which we've all had to do at some point).
Just my .02
P.S. I can be pretty assertive about stuff like that (not assertive like saying I'm a bad ass...I just hear alot of "you can't do that" to which I reply "why not" and do it....:shrug

·
Registered
297 Posts
I take my 3 yr old daughter into the mens room all the time. I've never had anyone give me a look or make any comments. I remember when I was a kid my mom used to take me into the womens room all the time.

I don't see the big deal here, your kids got to go, take them to the closest bathroom.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem is, a) I've never gone into one of those airport men's rooms that didn't have a line of men waiting to use the urinals, b) I need to use the bathroom too, c) I have two little girls in tow, and d) the LAST thing I'm going to do at a busy airport is let a perfect stranger watch my kids.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I'd never let a stranger watch my baby either...not a chance in hell. As far as you going I tell my lil girl that I'm gonna pee and she stays in the stall till I got done at the urinal...:shrug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts