Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am currently trying to install a basic car alarm, with the door lock/unlock option, in my 94 bronco. So far i have the basics hooked up, door sensor, power, ground, horn, and door lock/unlock to the correct polarity. So i connected the wires to the unit to test it and everything works perfectly, except the doors locking/ unlocking( which is mainly what i bought the unit for). I spliced the wires in behind the passenger kick panel (pink/yellow and pink/light green, i think). so if anyone can offer any suggestions, as to what i might try or as to what i have done wrong, it would be of great help. And no the alarm is not for keeping the truck from being stolen, thats what the fuel cutoff switch is for. Thanks:thumbup

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Some alarms have to be programmed correctly for the type of door locks you have in the vehicle. Your door lock circuit works by reversing polarity on the same circuit. Usually you have to set some dip switches or hold down a program button that you installed while moving the door locks or some such thing as that. Have you read the install instructions carefully?

I had to add in 4 relays to use my alarm to unlock the doors... (and I had to do the same thing for the tailgate and side windows to roll down)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew about the reverse polarity thing and hooked up the wires to the unit accordingly. the instructions made it seem to be plug and play, but i doubt it. This unit doesnt need to be/can't programed, it is a cheapie. If you could send me a pm about how you set yours up with relays and stuff it would be really helpful.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i tried it and the one below and a few others and nothing worked. i think whoever ripped out the previous alarm ****ed something up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As long as your doors lock and unlock with the switch, you should e fine wiring in an alarm.

Are you using SPDT relays?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was using the correct relays and everything. I took it in today and after 1 1/2 ours of waiting for the pros to wire in just the door locks they come and tell me that the unlock part of the system was fried and they had to set up the unlock to a double pulse ( that explains why i could get it to lock but not unlock last night). So its all good now and thanks for the help everyone. Im just pissed at the person that botched the first alarm install and made me waist $90.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad you got things figured out, sucks you had to take it in and get it done though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts