Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Alaska Off Road Warriors” premiering Sunday, November 30 At 10 Pm Et/Pt on History Channel.

I saw the preview and it looks like it will be pretty good.

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
The History Channel sure has become the best channel on tv, they have great stuff. Looking forward to seeing the dudes on trail axle fix.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I will be watching.

Just hope it's not the "staged drama" stuff that plagues most "reality" shows....

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first episode looked pretty cool. 2 4Runners, a Land Cruiser, a Land Rover and a Jeep going from the South of Alaska to the Northern point all off road. I wonder how many will even make it all the way.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I saved it to the DVR from last night, probably check it out today. It would be cool to have a show that gets more people interested in off-roading.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I saved it to the DVR from last night, probably check it out today. It would be cool to have a show that gets more people interested in off-roading.
I have a feeling the way they are showing it will do just the opposite. Already had a fight over trees being run over.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I have a feeling the way they are showing it will do just the opposite. Already had a fight over trees being run over.
Yep, the tree huggers watch it and all havoc will be broken loose. Just got done watching. It's far better than some of the reality shows I've seen.

·
FSM Lifetime
680 Posts
I was pretty disappointed. Seems like most of the rigs are pretty roughly done. Right out of the gate one was overheating and then after a few more minutes it seemed like there were too many open diffs for this to be a true offroad race.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I missed the show hoping to catch a rerun. If they're running junk that's cool. At least we can watch and say I could do that instead of watching $80000 rigs and think maybe if I win the lottery

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Well, one of the rigs is a Land Rover Defender 90. Not cheap by any means.

However, it did appear to have open diffs so it wasn't too impressive.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
Yeah that was pretty lame.

Really?!! Drama over a few trees, what the hell did he expect? The disappointing fact was they spent more time with this little bit of drama than viewing anything.

I might watch a few more to see if it gets better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts