1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two choices:

Last weekend in July 29-30 or last weekend in August 26-27

Majority rules.

Campsite/Motel/Hotel info including rates,Friday night meet and greet, Saturday wheeling at two possible locations ( I will work on Bronc40 with this, afterall it was his idea), a BBQ at the dealership where I work on Saturday night,local newspaper coverage, wheeling again Sunday if people want to and call it a day mid-afternoon.

So which month will it be?

No confirmation is required today, just what month is better, once all of the details are sorted I will start an official thread with Bronc40 to outline all details and then get confirmation to start arranging the details in full.

So just type the month you want, again majority will rule.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
As long as they aren't long weekends, I could probably make either one work. We don't get long weekends off in the resort industry. ;)

And I'm a relative stocker, so some "Fun" wheeling would be preffered.

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
ok the july weekend might work for me, but i would prefer the aug weekend better......... however that being said, i have a coworker that is going on mat leave and that is real close to her final day. i'm not sure which i'll be able to do.

next: i have a dog. not real easy for me to get a hotel room for a dog and let alone pay the extra money for having him with me. also paying for a hotel room adds up to. my suggestion is there a campground in edson that we may be able to prebook some spots at?

also i work till 6pm on the fri regardless even if i can get the sat and sun off so that puts me landing in edson at oh around 9pm. by the time i get off work and run home grab the pup and carry on my way.

can we work some other options into this?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Kitty said:
ok the july weekend might work for me, but i would prefer the aug weekend better......... however that being said, i have a coworker that is going on mat leave and that is real close to her final day. i'm not sure which i'll be able to do.

next: i have a dog. not real easy for me to get a hotel room for a dog and let alone pay the extra money for having him with me. also paying for a hotel room adds up to. my suggestion is there a campground in edson that we may be able to prebook some spots at?

also i work till 6pm on the fri regardless even if i can get the sat and sun off so that puts me landing in edson at oh around 9pm. by the time i get off work and run home grab the pup and carry on my way.

can we work some other options into this?

Kitty I'm sure that there will be random camping available. I don't like the Idea of booking a hotel room at 100.00 a night at all! random camping would be the best

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
aug would be better for me, most likley, I would be bringing the SHO instead of the bronco....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are many camping spots in Edson including a Kinsman camp inside the town limits that is 5 mins from my work.

I cannot see a problem with getting a spot to camp at all.

I'll keep this thread wide open to suggestions, as we all have a say.

By Monday or Tuesday we can have this all planned as far as the day goes, then we can get down to the real specifics.

:)

Jeff

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
origin said:
most likley, I would be bringing the SHO instead of the bronco....
Wow, I wonder how that will do in the mud? ;) :histerica :goodfinge

But hey, if we go wheeling, somebody is bound to need a spotter (and maybe a swimmer :duh ).

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
I can afford the fuel, just can't afford the rebuild on the transmission right now....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am going to learn the pathway into the dunes by Hinton, depending on the weather leading up to the date, we will decide which location to go to.

If the weather has been good and dry most of us will be able to get into the dunes, if it has been raining then we can go to the Robb road sand pit or out by the Rosavear ferry ( south side of the river) there are some trails in there.

Either way us local guys ( You,me and Bronc40 ) will need to get together and plan the best time for everyone.

I don't want people breaking parts in an extreme trail hundreds of kilometers from home, but I also think driving 300 hundred kilometers to hit mud puddles would be pretty gay.

Lets see the date and go from there.

Jeff

p/s drop by Jerry Ford and ask for Jeff, we should talk some of this over, Bronc40 and I have already started to talk this up.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Guy's I'm heading out tomorrow with my wife and kids. Going to check out the area around the sand dunes maybe I will find them this time round. Do a little fishing and a good old picanic lol!:thumbup
mikedawg there are a ton of trails out here pick one and go for hours, just don't get lost like that hunter did last fall! :whiteflag trails I noticed are pretty good, if you stay in the high areas. low areas(valley's) are a different story right now with the spring thaw.

Before I forget these trails are pretty harmless!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I know a way to get into Bruel its not to to hard..... stock broncos i don't think could make it... Don't really know the directions off by hand. Went with a friend with his chevy and at night time there.

Mike

·
Registered
623 Posts
YUP SURE DID !!! Gonna put a few pics up this afternoon. Condition of trail is good until you get to the quad trail with the 5 foot banks on each side and maybe a foot of clearance between the bko and the banks.:shocked If your not careful in there good chance for body damage, me careful though :pickle:
once your out of that you will hit brule lake and it's clear sailing to the sand dunes. I decided not to go on the dunes in case I would get stuck . I will be going out again, there is supposed to be another way in somewhere farther up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts