Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom 1992 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0L V8 – with tow package. $15,000 O.B.O.

240,000 km’s on the truck, ONLY 500 km’s on the new engine!
It hasn’t even received its first oil change!!!

This Bronco has gone through a full restoration. No expense was spared.
Receipts to prove Over $20,000 invested!
EVERYTHING is less than 9 months old!
Inspected and currently insured and licensed in Alberta.

PROS:
- Brand New performance tuned 302 Engine - $6800
- New RV Cam, FlatTop Pistons, rockers and injectors.
- New EGR valve, sensors, tubes, Radiator, Battery & battery cables.
- MSD coil/rotor/wires, K&N cold air intake.
- Transmission rebuilt in May/07 - $1200
- Custom Shorty Headers, Magnaflo, custom 3” dual exhaust. ($1000)
- 6” ProComp Suspension lift ($5000)
- 35” Mickey Thompson MTZ on 15x10 aluminum rims. ($2000)
- Tires have under 2000 km’s on them! (they still have blue paint and the little knobby’s! professionally installed in August/07.)
- Full size 35” spare tire. (BFG Mud terrain with 60% tread left)
- Brakes, break pads, rotors all done at the same time as the tires.
- Complete Interior Nut & Bolt restoration.
- Rust bullet undercoat, truck bed liner, sound-deadening, new carpet underlay, carpet.
- JVC head unit, 4x MTX speakers (professionally installed @ Future Shop June/07)
- Custom built winch bumper (still have stock chrome bumper if you want.)
- 2 x 6” & 2 x 8” ProComp offroad lights.
- Fiberglass top professionally painted July/07
- Remote car alarm and starter
- No cracks in windshield!

CONS:
- Will need a new tailgate (its fully functional now, but its beginning to rust out.)
- Will eventually need a paint job. (body is in excellent shape but paint is original)

REASON FOR SELLING:
I’m moving, and I need the money for school!
Unfortunately my favorite toy has to go!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
whats the exchange rate to American?

·
Registered
100 Posts
As of a few days ago, that would be about $14,550.00 American. My math may be wrong, but last I checked the Canadian dollar was worth 97 American cents

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Par

I just checked a currency converter online and, $15,000CAD is actually $15,069.46USD
But for you "MR_Q", lets just make it par.

"96blkbeauty" - pics are coming soon,...as soon as i can load them on supermotors, and link them here.

silent one - remember, the canadian economy is now stronger than the US economy, so shit now costs more for you folks down south. :twak

i think its fair,
5 grand for the truck (remember perfect condition inside and out)
5 grand for the brand new engine.
5 grand for the lift, tires, and everything else.
=
$15,000

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
You will NEVER recoupe what you put into it for an engine, lift, tires...Its still at best a 5k truck. Good luck though..

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
i think its fair,
5 grand for the truck (remember perfect condition inside and out)
5 grand for the brand new engine.
5 grand for the lift, tires, and everything else.
=
$15,000
You got fawked....I put a mustang roller in mine with factory stainless sportys instaled for 3K, I also got 8 inches of lift vs. your 6 inch and once again that was 3k with tires!....somebody raped you!

Either way like someone said, you never get that back.
I mean think about it, why would someone pay the exact price of a truck you built, when for the same money, they could build one to their specs. :shrug

·
Registered
382 Posts
You got fawked....I put a mustang roller in mine with factory stainless sportys instaled for 3K, I also got 8 inches of lift vs. your 6 inch and once again that was 3k with tires!....somebody raped you!

Either way like someone said, you never get that back.
I mean think about it, why would someone pay the exact price of a truck you built, when for the same money, they could build one to their specs. :shrug
Yeah, but he probably did that when the Canadian dollar was only worth .70-.80 USD:toothless So I guess he got f'd for just being a Canadian then:rofl:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
how is it perfect condition inside and out when the tailgate has rust and it needs paitn

·
Registered
355 Posts
If his is worth 15k with a rusted out tailgate, mine must be worth at least 20k since the tailgate is 100% solid. :doh0715:

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Not like you haven't heard it from everyone else...but I will post too....just because I can.

Like said before...it is not in perfect condition, and you will never get out what you put in. Stuff like lift/tires/exc do nothing for the value of a vehicle. Why don't you find out what the blue book value is of the car and start there? My guess is the value is something around $6,000 dollars American.

Why would someone buy a used bronco for 15k when they can go out and get a brand new truck, everything new, for 5k more?

I dont know what the market is like for Broncos up there in Canada, but I bet you wont get that. Hell, if your truck sells up in Canada for 15k, please PLEASE, come back and report it here. I think everyone will try to sell their rig up in Canada then.

Cheerio

·
Registered
249 Posts
WTF $6800 for a street Five Oh??? That thing better be gold plated...same with that $5000 lift.

I know you have every right to list it for whatever you want, but jesus...let's be realistic. Maybe things are different up in Canada, but I don't think you could get 15k even if you parted it out...

·
Registered
100 Posts
In my experience, Broncos do tend to fetch a little bit more in Canada. But not THAT much more. They are the cheapest in Alberta. The prices in Saskatchewan (where I live) tend to be the highest that I have seen. In my area its winter for close to half the year, and they love their winter hobbies here, too. Ive heard that alot of guys use them for towing their snowmobiles. Hunting is also huge here.... So my area has a good demand for Broncos..... but no where near 15K worth of demand. And we do get totally screwed up here when it comes to buying new cars We pay WAAAAY more than you Americans do, and from what Ive been told, American dealerships are no longer aloud to sell to Canadians. Pretty soon our backs will give out from spending so much time touching our toes..... Sorry for the rant, lol

Back on topic. Maybe you should consider keeping the truck. You have put alot of money into it, and its more or less a new vehicle. Just enjoy it. If you need cash, quit smoking (if youre a smoker), and if you drink, quit that too. Also try eating less, lol. Id still really love to see some pics of this truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts