Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. About to send the Bronco to the shop to get an alignment and found a guy who "says" he's familiar with the TTB set up. I asked for a price to install the adjustable camber/caster bushings (picked up the Moog set) because I didn't really care to do it myself right at the moment, then have him finish up the alignment as well. Quoted $500 and said he had to remove the entire assembly (knuckles and all) to get the sleeves out, which I'm fairly certain you don't have to do after reading some on here. So, not going to that guy.

Question is...I'm just going to do them myself, but would it be beneficial to have a shop set the toe first, give me a camber reading and then install them and do the adjustment myself (I think I saw a good write up on this somewhere but have to look again), or install them, then drop it off to get the toe done? I'm not sure if correcting the toe will change the camber so I want to go in the right order.

Thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Put the correct parts in (thats the bulk of work) and then have a shop align it.
My bushings are rather coarse, I think it has like 2 or 3 settings it can change to (+1 deg, - 1 deg and neutral or something)
Once those parts are in, I think they are rather difficult to get at
I took mine to a place that claimed to know about all this and I doubt they ever touched them
Otherwise a typical $100 4-wheel alignment would have to be $300 or more...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put the correct parts in (thats the bulk of work) and then have a shop align it.
My bushings are rather coarse, I think it has like 2 or 3 settings it can change to (+1 deg, - 1 deg and neutral or something)
Once those parts are in, I think they are rather difficult to get at
I took mine to a place that claimed to know about all this and I doubt they ever touched them
Otherwise a typical $100 4-wheel alignment would have to be $300 or more...
Thx para. Just want to make sure I don't do something out of order and cause more grief/money later. Were the instructions to get the adjustable sleeves where you want them pretty easy to follow?

·
Super Moderator
29,107 Posts
Yo Jason,
"Camber Bushing, Fully Adjustable Offset Installation, Diagrams & Specifications, Ford OE Style #23109 Offsets from 0° to 2-3/4° for: 1996-1980 Ford Bronco, 1996-1980 Ford F-150 4WD, 1996-1980 Ford F-250 4WD, 1987-1980 Ford F-350 4W, D2004-1999 Ford F-450 Super Duty RWD, 2004-1999 Ford F-550 Super Duty RWD by Ingalls
Product Installation Instructions ING40000-012103
Part Number 23100/23130/40000 Series
CAUTION: Observe proper safety and repair procedures for installation of all chassis parts. Some chassis parts require specialized tools and experience and therefore
MUST be installed by a qualified technician otherwise an unsafe vehicle and/or personal injury could result. Wear safety glasses and other protection.
WARNING: Before beginning, check for any damaged or loose suspension connections. Loose connections here indicate worn or broken parts which MUST BE REPLACED. Failure to replace a damaged or worn spindle and/or link may cause the wheel to separate from the vehicle, possibly resulting in serious personal injury.
1. Using a 0° bushing, record and document alignment readings. Select a new bushing to correct these alignment readings.
2. Raise the vehicle and support in a safe manner. Remove the wheel/tire assembly.
3. Remove the upper ball joint cotter pin and nut. Protect the ball joint threads using Ingalls p/n 92532.
4. Using a dead blow hammer, strike the area near the upper ball joint stud to break the bushing loose from the ball joint stud.
5. Remove the old bushing using a pitman arm puller or similar tool.
6. Lubricate the New bushing and install bushing over the ball joint stud. Install the bushing with slot in desired position.
A. Slot toward rear of vehicle for positive + caster.
B. Slot toward front of vehicle for negative - caster.
C. Slot toward inside of vehicle for negative - camber.
D. Slot toward outside of vehicle for positive + camber.
E. Or any combination of camber and caster.
7. Place the old bushing on top of the new bushing and tap downward to seat the new bushing on the ball joint taper, tap the bushing down as far as
possible into the axle.
8. Install the upper ball joint stud nut and torque to the factory specifications. If necessary, advance (DO NOT loosen) the nut to the next castellation
to align with the cotter pin hole and install a new cotter pin.
9. Reinstall wheels and check alignment (adjust toe if necessary). Lower vehicle and road test.
ALWAYS CHECK FOR SUSPENSION CLEARANCE
Modifying any suspension component may change other part clearances and cause binding or interferences. After installing any Ingalls’ product, the suspension must be checked for binds or interference
between all components, other arms and the chassis. Be sure that all control arms, struts and steering ends move freely through the full movement of the suspension (springs may need to be removed to
fully check component travel). Installing any Ingalls’ product on a modified vehicle (lowered or raised) from the original factory design requires a detailed check of all suspension components and their
movements. Ingalls recommends that a trained technician install all products."

Camber Bushing Removal in a 90 (part of his ball joint replacement); "...Remove the upper ball joint nut using a 1 5/16" wrench. Thread the nut back on upside down until it is nearly flush w/the ball joint stud. Give it a few good whacks to break it free from the camber adjuster. You can now remove the camber adjuster, noting it's position for replacement. In my case, I was able to simply leave the camber adjuster in place, but this may not always be ideal. See photo 12..."
Source: by TTB Blows, (Bling-Bling, Keith)

Skyjacker® Adjustable Offset Camber Bushing Offset Installation Info & pics in an 83 @ 1983 Ford Bronco Camber Bushings pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Source: by Michael C (collinsperformance, The Money Monster

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Jason,
"Camber Bushing, Fully Adjustable Offset Installation, Diagrams & Specifications, Ford OE Style #23109 Offsets from 0° to 2-3/4° for: 1996-1980 Ford Bronco, 1996-1980 Ford F-150 4WD, 1996-1980 Ford F-250 4WD, 1987-1980 Ford F-350 4W, D2004-1999 Ford F-450 Super Duty RWD, 2004-1999 Ford F-550 Super Duty RWD by Ingalls
Product Installation Instructions ING40000-012103
Part Number 23100/23130/40000 Series
CAUTION: Observe proper safety and repair procedures for installation of all chassis parts. Some chassis parts require specialized tools and experience and therefore
MUST be installed by a qualified technician otherwise an unsafe vehicle and/or personal injury could result. Wear safety glasses and other protection.
WARNING: Before beginning, check for any damaged or loose suspension connections. Loose connections here indicate worn or broken parts which MUST BE REPLACED. Failure to replace a damaged or worn spindle and/or link may cause the wheel to separate from the vehicle, possibly resulting in serious personal injury.
1. Using a 0° bushing, record and document alignment readings. Select a new bushing to correct these alignment readings.
2. Raise the vehicle and support in a safe manner. Remove the wheel/tire assembly.
3. Remove the upper ball joint cotter pin and nut. Protect the ball joint threads using Ingalls p/n 92532.
4. Using a dead blow hammer, strike the area near the upper ball joint stud to break the bushing loose from the ball joint stud.
5. Remove the old bushing using a pitman arm puller or similar tool.
6. Lubricate the New bushing and install bushing over the ball joint stud. Install the bushing with slot in desired position.
A. Slot toward rear of vehicle for positive + caster.
B. Slot toward front of vehicle for negative - caster.
C. Slot toward inside of vehicle for negative - camber.
D. Slot toward outside of vehicle for positive + camber.
E. Or any combination of camber and caster.
7. Place the old bushing on top of the new bushing and tap downward to seat the new bushing on the ball joint taper, tap the bushing down as far as
possible into the axle.
8. Install the upper ball joint stud nut and torque to the factory specifications. If necessary, advance (DO NOT loosen) the nut to the next castellation
to align with the cotter pin hole and install a new cotter pin.
9. Reinstall wheels and check alignment (adjust toe if necessary). Lower vehicle and road test.
ALWAYS CHECK FOR SUSPENSION CLEARANCE
Modifying any suspension component may change other part clearances and cause binding or interferences. After installing any Ingalls’ product, the suspension must be checked for binds or interference
between all components, other arms and the chassis. Be sure that all control arms, struts and steering ends move freely through the full movement of the suspension (springs may need to be removed to
fully check component travel). Installing any Ingalls’ product on a modified vehicle (lowered or raised) from the original factory design requires a detailed check of all suspension components and their
movements. Ingalls recommends that a trained technician install all products."

Camber Bushing Removal in a 90 (part of his ball joint replacement); "...Remove the upper ball joint nut using a 1 5/16" wrench. Thread the nut back on upside down until it is nearly flush w/the ball joint stud. Give it a few good whacks to break it free from the camber adjuster. You can now remove the camber adjuster, noting it's position for replacement. In my case, I was able to simply leave the camber adjuster in place, but this may not always be ideal. See photo 12..."
Source: by TTB Blows, (Bling-Bling, Keith)

Skyjacker® Adjustable Offset Camber Bushing Offset Installation Info & pics in an 83 @ 1983 Ford Bronco Camber Bushings pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
Source: by Michael C (collinsperformance, The Money Monster
Thanks! Going to use this to install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts