Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt expecting it 'til mid week, but I'm not complaining.

It's off of a '97 F450(or F-superduty. Whatever the hell you want to call it.), with 75k on the odometer.

I didnt realize how small these things are. The hydro unit itself, isnt much bigger than my hand.

Even though the M/C has about half as many miles as my bko, I'm still gonna get a new one from Checker. That and one of the pressure lines will be getting ordered by wednesday. The only thing I'll be waiting on is the power steering pump, and the other pressure hose.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Maybe I missed the post, but why do you need an F-450 booster/MC?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blue'87GT said:

Upgrading to 1-ton running gear and 44s.

I didnt really like what I read on the 1-ton brake booster/master cylinder swap, so this is the route I chose.

If this fails, I can always back track, and try something different.

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
Blue'87GT said:
he wont need a booster.... hes running his brakes off the p.s. pump

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Ah, now I see says the blind man. It's starting to come together now. Sounds like a very cool project!

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blue'87GT said:
Ah, now I see says the blind man. It's starting to come together now. Sounds like a very cool project!
There are plenty of people that are running a similar setup as I'm working on, with just 1-ton brakes, but I figured I'd try something different...Besides, what better thing to experiment on than your brakes.:toothless

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
derrick36 said:
There are plenty of people that are running a similar setup as I'm working on, with just 1-ton brakes, but I figured I'd try something different...Besides, what better thing to experiment on than your brakes.:toothless
better you then me man.

THey should stop real good though.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
I went to manual brakes on the bronco. They work soooo good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts