Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that these sets are only sold with 12 bolts and not 16 like we need. I found some for a decent price and the only way i can get the right amount is to by to sets of 12. Has anyone else noticed this, it would be nice to get some so i can get started on my header/exhaust build.

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually i do question is how do i know what thread type and size? the bolts are 3/8ths right?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
3/8" x16, aka coarse thread. Get the 3/4" long bolts if you have thin flanged headers and the 1" long bolts for flanges thicker then 1/4"

Any hardware store should have them. Usually $1.00 to $1.20 each.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
fastenal

·
Registered
897 Posts
They sell them in sets of 12 becouse thats what the chevys take, and they use the same bolts as the SBF

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, appreciate the feed back.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
will stick it to you hard for a couple of bolts.:goodfinge
well, they don't sell them individually to my knowledge, but a bag of 20 is probably around 5 bucks.

Also some stores have tools and run decent sells on the weekends

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you want, I have a set of stage 8 1" long ones, the ones that Ford racing sells, you can have em cheap.

Thanks but i will try ACE first since its local.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
FWIW I got 2 sets at Checker or Autozone for like $12-14. The extras even came in handy once.

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i will be going to the local hardware store to get my headers bolts and was wondering if i should also use lock washers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts