Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do an order for more stock. If anyone I've quoted prices to would like to get their order in or if you need a price on it send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That time of year to lay down some bedliner.

Here are some pictures from quinault's Bronco with product he got from me. A testimonial you might say.

Here is 2.5 gallons of AL's Liner.

I have gotta give a thank you to Ranger429 for the AL's Liner suggestion.

It is amazing stuff. I used 2.5 gallons and saved .5 gallon for my tail gate. My fear was that the herculiner or duraliner would be thin and brittle and to avoid "thin and brittle" I would spend a fortune. NOT the case. I could have used 1.5 gallons for 1 good tough layer but I wanted to "quiet the ride". I really built it up on the sides in the rear. IT NEVER RAN. I could hold the gun in one place STACKING the AL's on a vertical surface and it stayed put. After it was cured about 24 hrs it has a definite hard rubber feel. Only time will tell how tough it really is. I think it's gonna be tough ****.

Per gallon the AL's was cheaper than the Herculiner and Duraliner.
A couple lessons I learned the hard way.

Make sure you have good ventilation. I shot it with a resperator in my basement garage at about 6 PM. Wifie NOT HAPPY:rofl::histerica as the fumes SATURATED the house all night. I have used a few different paints, this stuff is MEAN.
I should have only used a 1/4 to 1/3 of the hopper on the first few squirts to get at the hard to reach spots. (under the steering wheel) The hopper nearly full is not easy to manipulate. AL's is a OUTSTANDING product, I will be buying more!!!

·
OMG its almost a
1,368 Posts
dont suppose they have white yet do they?

I'm getting a new super duty next week and of course want to line the bed.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black, Tan and Gray are the only 3 colors offered from Al's BUT it can be tinted to color match any vehicle paint.

·
One Cold North Dakotan
3,150 Posts
What would it take to do the inside of a Samurai? 2 gallons tops maybe? If you could, Ranger, PM me a price including shipping if that is extra. I'd like black. Also, will it remain as glossy as it is in those pictures or was it still tacky when they were taken?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I need to do a 5.5' bed on an F150 how many gallons do I need and could you pm me a price? Thanks!
The entire inside of that Bronco posted above was 2 1/2 gallons. You should be able to do a shortbed with 2 gallons.

What would it take to do the inside of a Samurai? 2 gallons tops maybe? If you could, Ranger, PM me a price including shipping if that is extra. I'd like black. Also, will it remain as glossy as it is in those pictures or was it still tacky when they were taken?
2 gallons would be enough for that. I don't know if it stays that shiny or not. I'll see if I can get quinault to comment on how it looks now.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i am interested too, about to tackle this on mine. please send me info on the gun. I have a paint gun but not sure if it will work with this stuff.
i guess 3 gallons

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You don't want to use a regular paint gun, it won't give you the results that you want plus the tip is going to be to small to spray the material.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well then your in luck. I am offering the use of a spray gun with a fully refundable deposit once the gun is returned clean. That means no cost to you or anyone else that wants to go that route.

They do also make a brush kit. Retail price on the brush kit is 14.99.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ordered my Al's on a Friday, got it Tuesday, thanks man:thumbup
I sprayed over 3 year old sound dampner, that's what all the lines you see are from. That stuff is just a PITA to remove!

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
And a little tip, the directions claim a 20 minute time window from mixture to spray... they mean it! this stuff dries FAST. I wasted a lot of my 1st gallon because it hardened before I could spray it all. The next gallon I only mixed 1/2 at a time and got MUCH better results!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts