Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several people have used it on this site. I'm looking for reviews on how its holding up.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,186 Posts
link ??

·
People keep buying my
88 custom with wiring issues
8,016 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,658 Posts
It's not Al's... but just an FYI, I Monstalined the cab floor of my '73 F250.
The old 360 generates a good amount of heat to the floorboard with all the back and forth of plowing the snow.
The liner cracked at the edge of the coating, just up the firewall, behind the gas peddle after 2 years. :shrug
Damn shame too... I really liked the stuff but probably won't use it again because of that.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're looking at using it on some gear that sits out on an airfield 24/7/365. It was gonna be an ungodly amount of money to have them Line-X'ed, so we're looking at getting the Al's liner, but wanted unbiased opinions from people that don't sell it.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's not exactly what I meant. and it would be more than likely over a hundred gallons.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Well sorry that is exactly the way it sounded. Search the forum, there have been multiple guys use it and posted some reviews of it. Alex above being one that I sold it to.

And I wouldn't be able to give you a longevity review. Every truck I've used it on I have sold and never really got to put it to use.

What I will tell you if you decide to go Al's is not to mix to much product at once. Pot life is 20 minutes and that's it. Any longer than that and it is going to start to harden up.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I will tell you if you decide to go Al's is not to mix to much product at once. Pot life is 20 minutes and that's it. Any longer than that and it is going to start to harden up.
Thank you, that's good info to know.

·
People keep buying my
8,016 Posts
THIS THIS AND THIS.

I had to trash my spray gun, wasnt worth the fight to clean it after about an hour... good thing it was only $15... It started drying as i sprayed, and i had a gallon hopper.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
One other thing, surface prep is critical.

While you may get real world experience from someone stating it held up for shit and another that says it works great. If the prep work isn't done right you can't expect the liner to adhere properly.

·
People keep buying my
8,016 Posts
yeah, i sanded down 5 times. grinder w/ wire wheel, air blew it out, 30 grit, air, 200, air, 1000, wet raged out, then 3000 and air. took some time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts