Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured I would show you guys some pics of my Hi-Lift mount. Sorry I dont have any pics of making it. I did it a couple years ago. I wanted it out of the way of people being able to try and steal it since it sits in the street at night.The first thing I did was reove the carpet panel off the tailgate and then I measured the access panel. I wanted it mounted as low as possible. Unfortunately i dont have the measurements, like I said it was a couple years ago but anyways here are the pictures. Makes the tailgate a little heavier.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Hmm I dont see any pics... but it might be a cool idea

·
Registered
541 Posts
looks good but i bet its a pain in the ass when its time to load somthing in the back. but looks good none the less:thumbup

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Nice work but over-engineered? All you'd need is a few pieces of all-thread and a couple wingnuts, not sure why your "wingnut" is so large?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wanted it larger so I can snug it down good so it doesnt vibrate. It may be over engineered but it wont brake and it is solid.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Actually, since it looks like you do a lot of high speed dez stuff, it could make sense

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
So what do you do with the rig that allows the mounting like that? I mean I guess you're not hauling anything in the back? Winter time I'm always transporting wood. Heck I'm always using the back for something and that would be totally not workable to be right in the way.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Works fine for me. I still put stuff in the back. Not firewood since it doesnt get cold enough for a fire. But I use it for the lake and camping, if it is in that much of the way I can move farely fast. No big deal.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
my hilift would drip a lot of mud on that carpet:toothless

·
Registered
386 Posts
cheap alternative

Hi folks. Been searching for hi-lift mount options. Below is a pic of my final decision. The cost was about $8.00 and it works great.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
make sure you put together a little locking setup for that or it will be gone quickly since it's real easy to see what's holding it. Also, when I did carry mine there I also took it off about once a month to WD-40 and use it....rain/road stuff will quickly rust it if you don't.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks Shadowfax for the advice. I have a heavy duty bike cable lock I run through the holes in the jack. And I'll heed your advice about the lube job as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.