Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, had the alternator tested, and it passed, there are two bulky wire harnesses that plug directly into the alt., and there's one scraggly dirty little wire that was not connected to anything when I bought the truck. It looks like it would slip onto the end of a small screw. What is it?! Is it a ground wire, does it need to be hot, or does it have something to do with the ignition, because the ignition has been bypassed and hot wired to a button under the dash. What is this frreeekin wire for? please help:banghead
The wire is black, with a black rubber elbow on the end with a female opening, it does come out of the harness, but is longer than the other wires. I'm trying to include a photo

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Have you tested the wire with a 12v test light? I would start there. And/or I would post a pic of said wire. Without a pic, a better description of the wire may be helpful, things like color, whether its part of a group of wires, does it come out of a harness etc. Otherwise we are guessing and thats not good...

·
Registered
812 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts