Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Flex-Plate cracked on Dad green '79. :banghead Reckon I'll be fixing that this weekend. Just got the big black one on the road from a front axle rebuild. Thank God for pnuematic tools.:rockon

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
If this keeps up everything will be new on our Bronco's....... hey wait, that's a good thing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
would be shocking to see what a "new" bronco would cost piece by piece...

·
Registered
339 Posts
It is way more than actually buying a brand new one. I've got a pretty good running total so far on mine. I think when I'm done, the only thing original will be the frame and some sheetmetal. But that's why it's fun to me. I like making it better than it was from the factory.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Crash138, I have over 12 grand in mine and for the most part it looks stock, exept for the bumper and winch and tires... none of that money is labor, I just replaced all the little things that was wrong with it or was going to go wrong with it. It's like driving a new vehicle now, well worth it-

·
Registered
331 Posts
Crash138, I have over 12 grand in mine and for the most part it looks stock, exept for the bumper and winch and tires... none of that money is labor, I just replaced all the little things that was wrong with it or was going to go wrong with it. It's like driving a new vehicle now, well worth it-
oh yes, im very familiar with the costs of maintenance/repair... my dad spent $5,500(1987-8 dollars) on my first car (74 mustang ii... still have it and it still starts) that I bought for $425... I drove it for 6 months, bought a 77 Trans am that we spent a combined $8 on over a year and a half (before it was wrecked for the third and fourth times in less than ten minutes) after that I quit keeping track of costs... 23 vehicles later, my 01 Trans am will eclipse both of those as soon as I can afford to get a 2 post lift in my shop...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts