Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Just got home and can say it was a great film. Though the ending was depressing and you could hear sobs as the credits rolled. Leaving the theater was like leaving a wake, no one talked and very respectful of each other. It was very powerful movie that strikes home the effects of modern day deployments for the trigger pullers conducting it and their families.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Great movie, very depressing ending. Clint Eastwood strikes again, Gran Torino was fantastic too.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,979 Posts
1. I thought it was a very powerful movie. 2. I don't do well watching military funerals. 3. C-17 airlift to get whatever is needed to wherever it is needed for mission support of those guys is why I do what I do.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It won't be up here for a while. It will be the first movie I have seen in the theatre in almost 20 years. I don't intend to miss it.
Swamp

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I went to the 0945 Saturday showing hoping it would be relatively empty. The theater was packed. It was awesome, and even knowing going into the theater how the story ended, it still left me tearing up. I was selfish and watched a lot of my friends ship off to the sandbox and couldnt quite bring myself to go, and have sat and listened to their last taps and bagpipes being lowered in that box. The elderly man who sat next to me was sobbing at the end. I can only imagine what he must have been through. I plan to see it again in IMAX, but your right it was just like leaving a military funeral.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I just hope it is as good as Fury. After that movie I shaved my head and was ready to go to war. Best job I ever had was the year I spent in the USMC on a main land Japan Air Wing base. I didn't appreciate it at 17 years old, but looking back on it, it was epic.
Never forget the time I got drunk and missed the last train while partying with some chicks in Hiroshima. I spent the night in "Peace Park" in downtown Hiroshima. Crashing on a park bench and looking up at the bombed out shell of a building left standing after the Nuke blast was surreal.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,979 Posts
Fury was as great but in a different way. I put Saving Private Ryan and Fury together for top historical fiction, similar to how I'm putting American Sniper, Blackhawk Down, and Lone Survivor all together in greatness.

Adrianspeeder

·
Registered
101 Posts
Maybe by next weekend the theaters wont be as packed and I'm going to see it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts