Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer Manual hubs 140k Restoration in process
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone every try to fit an amp and sub combo ( looks like a big amp) under the center console or would this work?

·
Registered
841 Posts
has anyone every try to fit an amp and sub combo ( looks like a big amp) under the center console or would this work?
I'm not sure but I am able to fit two amps under the rear seats. I left some extra wiring for the box so if I need to make a Home Depot Run I could easily move the sub box from the cargo area to the back seat.You really don't get your moneys worth for those combo's in my opinion.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I mounted my amp in the recessed portion of the PS interior panel, in the cargo area.

Sent from my Hush-98 comlink

·
Registered
432 Posts
I mounted my amp in the recessed portion of the PS interior panel, in the cargo area.

I am trying to determine where I am going to put an amp, I may actually go on the ceiling because there is not an otherwise good spot for me. I expect the rear seat to be coming in and out often, and the back will be used as a truck bed often enough.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am trying to determine where I am going to put an amp, I may actually go on the ceiling because there is not an otherwise good spot for me. I expect the rear seat to be coming in and out often, and the back will be used as a truck bed often enough.
I will eventually put a stainless grill over the amp to hide it. My amp is pretty compact though.

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
379 Posts
There are a lot of new Mini Amps out that could fit just about anywhere , including the glove box, center console and front seats. It really just depends on the system you was to build and how many components it will have. You could easily build a center console with a amp rack and sub so you can keep your cargo area free for storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
There are a lot of new Mini Amps out that could fit just about anywhere , including the glove box, center console and front seats. It really just depends on the system you was to build and how many components it will have. You could easily build a center console with a amp rack and sub so you can keep your cargo area free for storage.
ok, I'll have to take a look . it'll be a bit before I get to that point. I'm just looking for one to power a 10" or 12" sub, not looking for a major system or anything.

I am planning on building a center console that goes from the current to the dash, so that could work well....would have to put in a fan or something or else it gets hot from the tunnel.

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
379 Posts
ok, I'll have to take a look . it'll be a bit before I get to that point. I'm just looking for one to power a 10" or 12" sub, not looking for a major system or anything.

I am planning on building a center console that goes from the current to the dash, so that could work well....would have to put in a fan or something or else it gets hot from the tunnel.
Check out the SKAR Audio Micro Amp. It's a CLASS D mono amp and is really small. Sundown Audio also has a micro amp that can power a 10 or 12. Also look at Kicker amps. They have a High level trigger which makes wiring easier. No remote wire needed. Just jump off your speaker level input. My Kenwood amp has a built in fan that keeps it cool. I would think as long as you keep the amp in the 500W or less range you should have plenty of options. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,978 Posts
My amp is on the back of my kicker box
20191225_171802.jpg

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,978 Posts
Mounting the amp on the box is not a good idea, the vibration can cause the internals to loosen up or break, causing the unit to fail prematurely.

Honestly, it's how it came to me. It's been used like this for at least a decade without any problems so far but thanks for the info. Gives me something to look into 👍

·
Registered
1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer Manual hubs 140k Restoration in process
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This model is an amp and sub and the dimensions are 14×11×14

1 - 12 of 12 Posts