Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with my tailgate leaking every time it rained, and getting my carpet damp. I haven't gotten the new weatherbelts yet, so a couple of weekends ago I spent some time getting my tailgate access panel repainted and sealed up. Now,when it rains, the water actually goes out the bottom of the tailgate, not the bottom of the access panel into my carpeting.

Saturday night, we had some pretty big thunderstorms come through. I had a nagging feeling all night about something about the bronco, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally, I thought it might have been the sunroof. Maybe I left the sunroof open. I went out onto the porch, under the awning, where I could see the sunroof without going into the pouring rain. Nope, sunroof was closed.

Sunday morning, on my way to a lousy 13 hour day at work, I walked around the back of the Bronco.

Sure am glad I spent all that time sealing up my tailgate to keep the carpet dry, so that I could leave the back window down all night through two different thunderstorms. No tools stolen, but plenty of stuff got soaked, and I didn't have time to clean anything up, either.

Bleagh.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Bummer, how much would a cover cost for FSB's and what size, i would be looking into one for mine for those smalll leaks ( no back window at all)

·
Registered
161 Posts
My boss once popped the trunk on the company car over night with the keyless remote and didn't know it... Ford Taurus with a swimming pool in the truck...nice.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Damn I was laughing at this post yesterday. Today I couldn't figure out why the inside of my truck was so damp (luckily nor ain just dew) and was halfway to work when I realized I had left my rear window down yesterday :banghead :banghead :banghead Thats what I get for laughing at other's mistakes:toothless

·
Registered
531 Posts
smart... but really that does suck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts