Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just converted my 89 relays over to newer style 5 pins out of a f-250. I referred to Sixleters thread and supermotors but my colors didnt like up. This is what I have.

relay 1
pin 30 yellow
pin87 brown
pin 87a nothing
pin 85 red
86 its either tan or a white with a lt green strip.

relay 2
30 yellow
87 red
87a nothing
85 lt tan w/ black
86 black.

Now when i ground pin 86 on relay 1 my fuel pumps kick on and stay on with the key. Shut off when I shut the key off. If i dont ground it I have nothing. What do I do?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry steve I owe the credit to you and not sixleter. I messed around more last night. Both pumps kick on by grounding out the terminal. I have 40 psi and no start. I do have spark to. Also pin 86 is a ground. But how come when I put a test light on it and turn the key on it lights up? I guess I shold chase that wire all the way to the computer. Maybe its broken. I checked the two big grounds buy the battery and all is good there. I wonder if the computer is junk? This this has seen alot mud and watter. Sometimes over the floor boards.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another thing I have done. I wanted to see if the fuel injectors where pulsating. So I threw a testlight on each side and got power. Which means the computer has lost its ground. soo...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tested them with the engine turning. So the ecc isnt grounding. The tan/lt green wire is on the ecc relay.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i figured some of my wiring. Still wouldnt start kinda. What I mean by that is when I apply power to the blk and white wire in the test hat the fuel pump relay clicks on, they come to life and it runs With out doing that only the eec relay comes on. :scratchhe

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So that wire should be hot at with the key on? Iam going to head to work and pull up all data and chase it down.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well ive been digging in my electricial and have found all kinds of imporper slices from the past and conectors ouzing with green corrosion. I have another bronco of the same yr maybe a 87 instead of a 88. I would like to take the harness out and swap them. The only concern I have is mine has a 5.8 and it has a 5.0 Will the harneses swap out? Iam sure they will plug in but Do the injectors fire in the right order? What about the pin outs on the computers. Maybe the computer out of the 5.0 will run my 5.8

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The unknown harness works great the truck has spun a bearing and isnt worth fixin.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the swap went without a glitch. It was the most practical thing for me to do. If you saw how many hacks have been into my harness you would understand. Every time I turned around I found another glitch, a improper splice a chaffed wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts