Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks this is not a good time for my bronco, after having ignition problems due to the hot weather now I think my AOD is going...
Before leaving in hollydays I changed fluid and filter, and AOD started slipping in first gear and R. It looks that when it gets hot slipping is not so bad, but if I try to climb a small slope (lets say 15 degrees) while it`s cold it doesn`t engage. In that case I set R, wait a few seconds(5 to 10) and R engages a little rough. After that I go back to first and it engages but still slipping a little.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Rodolfo-

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check your TV cable adjustment-this controls the fluid pump pressure throughout the trans and will affect gear engagement, shift points,etc...

·
Banned
19,922 Posts
Do you have a Haynes manual yet? It explains how to adjust the TV cable.

But it certainly sounds like the fluid is low in the transmission.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the fluid level and is within the croshatched part of the stick. I didn`t change the fluid by myself, so I`m not sure what they put but I`ll check it as soon as I get back to civilization... I`ll also check the TV cable (I got my Haynes but it`s at home...). It looks that it can be not as bas as I expected.
Thanks
Rodolfo

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
broncAR said:
I checked the fluid level and is within the croshatched part of the stick. I didn`t change the fluid by myself, so I`m not sure what they put but I`ll check it as soon as I get back to civilization... I`ll also check the TV cable (I got my Haynes but it`s at home...). It looks that it can be not as bas as I expected.
Thanks
Rodolfo
There's a hot and cold check on the stick broncar

Also, to get you home try going a little high on the stick and drain it back later. far better to have a little more than less fluid. On Mopars plenty of people used to overfill to disguise a trans problem when they were trying to flog a dog.

Sixlitre

·
Banned
19,922 Posts
Be sure to check the transmission fluid level when the engine is at normal temperature, idling in Park, on level ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts