Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i did a search and my question is how you all raise your body up do you take all the bolts out of the body then lift one side at a time and put your body lift in or what all i have is a 2.5 ton jack. Will this be enough to do this..:popc1:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
2.5 ton is 5000 pounds, and the jack will probably see 600 pounds at the most of your jacking one side at a time.

Just do like he said and use a 4x4 block cut to length

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
A HiLift would also work. If you dont already have one get one. Everyone should have a HiLift

·
Chicks dig my
1,423 Posts
What he said about relocating brackets, most if not all 3" kits dont relocate the bumper's. My 2" kit did come with "brackets" to relocate the front bumper only.

·
Registered
101 Posts
you dont need bumper brackets for the rear just take the stock parts and flip them stock plates off the frame flip upside down and the angled support flip upsidedown and opposite sides. It is hard to describe but take the back bumper off and look at it then re read it will make sense when you look at it

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
another hijack:toothless

has anyone done a body lift just so they could raise the gas tank level with the frame.... i suppose i could get a smaller tank... but i have decided i'm not cutting a hole in my bed to raise it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts