Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i built a 351 EFI for my last bronco with the crane compucam. I was very dissatisfied with its performance. Im in the process of another 351 buildup. It will be a 9.5:1 351 with DOOE heads and an edelbrock EFI intake. If i have to converte to the Lightning computer or mass thats fine. If i converte what will my cam options be then. I want to be able to run something other than the three cams fireguy suggested. Also i jsut wanted the be sure that there wouldnt be any ill affects from advancing the cam. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arren

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
If you run Mass-Air you can preatty much run anything you want.

Where do you want your h.p. and torque peaks to be? Top end or low end grunt. A broad or narrow power band?

What # was the came you used before.

Here is a link to the engine I am buildings specs.
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58954

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im looking for some low end. And id like a pretty broad power band. i had rather use he L computer for the simplicity of it, but ill do what i have to. The cam part # was 35-255-5. I dang shure dont want to run that. Also how will the EFI react to advancing the cam. Any ideas

Arren

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
A lightning EEC is just as sucesptible to a wild cam as any other SD computer.
(But you can tune a Lightning computer to cope)

What heads, etc, etc where you running?
What heads, etc, etc will you be running on the new engine?

A cam that works good in one engine combo may do verry poorley in another.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with the first motor i was running the stock E7's and the stock intake with .030 flattops. Hell it was about the same as stock. I know it was close to stock, but it should have been stronger than the worout stocker. With that cam it had no bottom end.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
You can use just about any cam you want as long as the LSA atays above 114*. Any lower than that and you will need a either Mass-Air or a tunable S.D. Lightning computer.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
That I dont know.
I simply know that S.D. Lightning computers can be tuned.

Many lightning guy still swap to Mass-Air so it must have some limitations.

Try searching over at WWW.NLOC.org
Please post links here to any info you find :thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would appreciate it. Ya know every engine is different. Mine may have jsut been a weak freak. As far as NLOC goes, im a member and i still cant seem to get much response. Oh well. Let me know what you came up with on the desktop dyno im curious. I appreciate your help and time. Thanks.

Arren

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,931 Posts
go to compcams web site. ive seen other cams with the 114* lob seperation that build power down low still. they might have been roller cams though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts